*Updated* - Deprecating the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets app

173 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Christopher Atkinson August 16, 2022

No No No No!!!!!!!  Please reconsider this.   This integration is so useful for really analysing teams and uncovering data that helps them with continuous improvements!   

I can understand looking for an improved solution, as there are issues I would love to be looked at.   But why can't you just leave it running (no fixes for the current form) and then release something that we can all shift over to.   As you must have read in the comments... companies have built integral tooling using this tool.

PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!

Like # people like this
Jingyu Zhuang August 16, 2022

This is very upsetting :(

As an intern, I just spent my entire summer working on a Google Sheet artifact that does automated sprint reviews with Jira data and the app is an essential part of it. I just delivered the tool to my team last week and saw this. Please reconsider this.

Like # people like this
Sathiya Selvaraj August 16, 2022

I am really disappointed with the decision.... pls reconsider. there are lot of interactions in multiple forums on this topic... which explains, how widely this plugin is used.

Appreciate reconsidering the decision

Like # people like this
luciano_silva August 16, 2022

No! This app is so useful for me and for my job!

Please! Don't do it!

Like # people like this
Leonardo Costa August 16, 2022

Please DO NOT do it. As everyone above said, this plugin is VERY important for a lot of people.

I use it literally everyday to have flow metrics of the teams I work with. 

I even wrote an article about how to connect the plugin with the spreadsheet I use to analyze my teams metrics. (here's the link, it's in Portuguese: Connecting Jira with Google Sheets to analyze flow metrics )

@Tygrr DosRemedios please, reconsider this decision with your management. This is totally a non brainer for Atlassian.  

Like # people like this
Daniel Scabello Peixoto August 16, 2022

Guys, this is a wonderful tool, it is one of the things that make Jira great to use, please don't do that!

Like habib rahman likes this
Vincent Roireau-Minville August 16, 2022

A lot of our data-studio reports and google slides are updated automatically thanks to this plugin. If possible, holding a vote before deprecating it would be greatly appreciated.

Like # people like this
Gabriel Vani August 16, 2022

Sadly to hear that, please reconsider.

Dan Herrera August 16, 2022

Please no! I finally got my reporting done with this and Google Data Studio to make useful charts for my managers. Now that you'll be removing this functionality, I'm going to have to find another way to import my data into Google Data Studio and I'm not really looking forward to working with APIs. 

That said, I'm not sure that I can get enough traction within our organization to push for a paid add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace. We're already paying for another add-on that costs us about $500 a month but their interface is not the best and not as easily accesible as just linking a Google Sheet to Data Studio.

Like # people like this
S Work August 16, 2022

I have been using this tool for a long time at different orgs that I have worked at. I have found it super useful and so do the people who have seen it in action! They have been very impressed with the possibilities once raw Jira data is available in a spreadsheet tool like Google sheets. I have created multiple dashboards for senior execs where the raw data flows from Jira to Google sheets, then manipulated/transformed/prepped in Google sheets to be finally visualised in a dashboarding/reporting tool such as Google Data studio / Tableau. 

I really don't understand the decision to deprecate this given how awesome it is! As some others have mentioned, the "low adoption" is definitely not related to the usefulness/value of this plugin but more perhaps to do with the knowledge/marketing of the plugin! It is quite disappointing that such a useful app will be deprecated at a short notice without any suitable alternatives. Please reconsider your decision!

Like # people like this
Sheila dela Pena August 16, 2022

What will it take for Atlassian to continue this add-on? What number is sufficient downloads, adoption, usage or whatever metric that drives the decision?

Like # people like this
Steven Lanaghen August 16, 2022

Agree with all - we have many business practices built around this integration.  This has been a key feature in making Jira the central piece of our workflow and business reporting.  Without this tool or a good replacement, we will have to relegate Jira to the periphery and make our other workflow tool our center piece.  I've been a big Atlassian advocate.  This will leave a big hole in your toolkit.

Like Nofar Ben Kereth likes this
Joseph Clift August 17, 2022

Without this tool, the unacceptable three week outage of all Atlassian apps that hit my organisation earlier in the year, would have affected us way worse.

It's an easy way for us to get crucial information from our tickets into a more reliable system.

I have very little trust in Atlassian to keep data safe - and this incomprehensible decision to retire the app without any replacement shows that their product strategy is deeply flawed too.

Like # people like this
1001- Beatriz Jiménez Pintre August 17, 2022

I don´t understand the decision. I need this tool for day to day reports with my clients, who do not understand Jira. Moreover, this tool is better than the Excel add-in.

Is the Excel add-in going to be maintained? Because in this case, the data updates should be implemented in the same way that it is done in Google (hourly, daily, etc.). The fluency in loading data should also be reviewed, which is also worse than in Google app.

Please reconsider this decision.

habib rahman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

This is very uncomfortable as the amount of work we will need to do to move everything over or find a new placement for this is just a headache. 

Here is the alternative: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216313/google-sheets-integration?hosting=cloud&tab=pricing

That might be worth looking into but will the migration work smooth or would we have to reconnect or do most of the work again... 

This is not good Atlassian you should have kept Jira cloud for sheets. :( 

Damian Versaci August 17, 2022

This feature has grown into something we use every day on our project, and now we'll need to spend over $50 USD a month on a marketplace app for something as simple as Google Sheet integration? This makes no sense and is very disappointing Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Tobias Hüttenmüller August 17, 2022

Atlassian disappoints again. How many anti-user decisions can a company afford before their users find alternatives? Pride comes before a fall...

Like # people like this
Eunseo Choi August 17, 2022

This is regressing decision.. It would be better if atlassian launches subsitute solution

Like # people like this
Thene Sheehy August 17, 2022

I will add my voice to so many above... we have an entire dashboard using Google DataStudio that is showing data pulled from jira via datasheets.  Yikes... having to rebuild ALL of that!  I am frustrated.  And, I am sure that anything on the marketplace will have a price.  Dang.  

Like # people like this
Jacco Geelkerken August 17, 2022

This tool is super useful as it helps us to cover the many flaws Jira has. 

Please reconsider and listen to the user base as demonstrated in the comments to this announcement. 

Like # people like this
Nofar Ben Kereth August 17, 2022

Wow!! Please don't :( 

Im basing alll of our R&D KPIs on this great app! 

Not sure why do you think why no one use it, this is a great tools . One of the best of yours. 

Arsinoé Nascimento Paukoski Wilche August 17, 2022

This decision should be reconsidered: this kind of feature should always be available in native format and I can see lot's of users that only uses Google Sheets as their spreadsheet tool and make use of the integration to evaluate, analyse and report Jira information. I am one of them and I will surely be affected by this. :-( 

Priscila Souza Dias de Carvalho August 17, 2022

Definitely is not a cause of low usage in my company. As mentioned by others, this tool is the most useful whenever I want to export JIRA tickets.

Darren Spurgeon August 17, 2022

Any chance of open sourcing this plugin? The Jira APIs are pretty good on their own, and this would be a great reference implementation and learning tool, and give us a chance to continue using and extending it.

I would definitely sign up to be a contributor!

Like # people like this
Jefte Barboza August 17, 2022

Good Morning!
We have numerous reports that use this integration, I am here making a formal request for you not to discontinue this plugin, as this will generate numerous reworks here at the company.

Grateful!
Head of IT Agility
Unimed insurance

Like Tom Gallagher likes this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events