*Updated* - Deprecating the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets app

173 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Juan Antonio Ruzafa Sala August 16, 2022

@Tygrr DosRemedios have you considered open sourcing the plugin so the community can continue to use it?

Please, consider it as an alternative to shutdown the product.

Like # people like this
Luke Naude August 16, 2022

Very, very upsetting and inconvenient that this tool is being sunsetted. This is causing us a heap of trouble. Really surprised that this tool is not widely used enough to warrant being kept going. Doesn't seem right.

Like # people like this
Ben Chen August 16, 2022

For our daily task, we have to extract the raw data (e.g. status change time, fields name) from Jira, if this app is going to down several months later, is there any alternative to it?

Like # people like this
Robert du Chatenier August 16, 2022

Very disappointing! We use this functionality to create a flat file of tickets for many of our audit purposes with external vendors. Does anybody know any free (no licences) solution to create a flat list in CSV format from Jira cloud with the same information? Thanks in advance. 

Like # people like this
Chris Charensac August 16, 2022

It is painful as there is no satisfactory replacement for Jira Cloud for Sheets

• Jira dashboard cannot be used as it has limited functions e.g: no calculated fields
  • There are no other free App to replace Jira Cloud for Sheets

A 90-day notice period is not enough as we need to look for an alternative solution and then rebuilt all of our reporting.

I am disappointed by the decision and how it was communicated and handled by Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Cameron August 16, 2022

I assume the replacement is going to be hidden behind a paywall? 

Like # people like this
Eric Lohbeck August 16, 2022

I hate to see this.  Our team relies on this tool on a daily basis to track our sprint progress and planning.  Very upsetting that we need to figure out a new solution.  If anyone finds a better alternative, please let us know!

Like # people like this
Igor Regly August 16, 2022

No way!! For real?! This is a huge step back to "help unleash the potential of every team", as the company mission says.

Like # people like this
Patrick Meeks August 16, 2022

This is an AWFUL business decision.  The integration into Google Sheets was one of the great things you have done letting us add features, graphics and insight into planning.  You need to reconsider this!!!!  I’ve come to depend upon this integration and it is throwing our use of this product back many years.

Like # people like this
Tim August 16, 2022

I just realized what the problem is...

"We’ve therefore decided to discontinue this Add-On until we find a better solution."

Should say,

"Once we find a better solution, this Add-on will be discontinued."

Atlassian shouldn't be discontinuing this Add-on BEFORE it finds a solution. A solution should be provided FIRST!

Again - disappointing. 

Like # people like this
Walter Lamm August 16, 2022

THIS IS JUST HORRIBLE NEWS! We build so many reporting tools with this I can't even imagine the work we'd have to do to switch to another solution.

Getting synchronized data into our Google Sheets was one of the main selling points for Jira which I have to defend constantly. I don't know if I can keep justifying Jira without this basic functionality. 

Why would you decide to discontinue this plugin until you find a  better solution? The right decision would've been to keep it alive until you find something better.

Please reconsider, this is a catastrophe.

Like # people like this
Piers Campbell August 16, 2022

Without being melodramatic, this change means it makes more sense for us to find an alternative to Jira, rather than an alternative app. Hope you reconsider, or are able to suggest something more constructive.

Like # people like this
Eduardo Lima August 16, 2022

Please reconsider this decision.

Jira Cloud for Sheets is an extreme useful tool that I use every day.
The decision to deprecate this tool is very very frustrating.

Like # people like this
Jenn Sherman August 16, 2022

I can't live without this tool.  The reporting I'm able to create at the story, sprint, team, and department level provide so much value!

Like # people like this
Dan James August 16, 2022

I have probably spent hundreds of hours inside google sheets, creating ways for my team to utilize Jira Cloud for Goole Sheets for our metrics, since multiple people can access Google Sheets at once and don't have to create their own Excel document or create their own Jira Cloud Pull Fields themselves (some of our sheets have more than 50 and if one of them is our of order or missing... it can be chaotic in Excel to fix when we don't sit in the same room).

Even if you're looking for a better solution, this tool is very critical for a lot of other companies out there (just reading the comments right now). Can you consider keeping Jira Cloud integration for Google Sheets live, even if it becomes unsupported?

Like # people like this
Hollie Shaffer August 16, 2022

Please don't.  This is extremely upsetting and I can't even begin to describe the amount of work this is going to cause me! 

Like # people like this
Luis Garza August 16, 2022

This will be missed any way to extend legacy support? 

Like # people like this
Sebastian Gargano August 16, 2022

Impossible to track a big project without this integration...

Like # people like this
Donal O_Beirne August 16, 2022

This is absolutely unacceptable.  This will cause major impacts in our ability for performance metrics and analytics. We will be reaching out directly.

Like # people like this
Joao Zampa August 16, 2022

And another disappointing decision by Atlassian.

In my opinion, this is one of the most useful integrations that Jira has, and I really have a hard time to agree with the following statement: Unfortunately, that endeavor wasn’t nearly as successful as we hoped and usage is low.

I don't know what success looks like for you guys, but in terms of usage I really doubt that it is low. 

We have been using this feature for over 3 years and it is embedded within many company processes which you guys are now disrupting. 

Really disappointing with this decision. 

Like # people like this
Ken Smid August 16, 2022

PLEASE don't remove this tool. I use it multiple times a day and for many different reports. This app is integral to keeping out company efficient and productive. This is very frustrating. Listen to your customers 

Like # people like this
Tom Gallagher August 16, 2022

This is a galactically useless decision. 1.8 million people have downloaded this extension. 1.8 million people use this for their work every day.

You need to reconsider this decision. You seem to spend very little development time on the extension. I have not seen an update in all the 18 months I have been using it. So why sunset it? And why sunset it when there is no alternative in Google Sheets?

Come on, guys. Think about your users, who by definition all pay you to provide services

Like # people like this
bruno_mata_jussi August 16, 2022

For anyone looking to streamline processes, this JIRA extension is essential. I teach people almost every day what a better use of JIRA is, and that involves data, which is what this extension brings.

This solution fits like a glove, and I was VERY glad I found it.

You are wide open as doors to Kanbanize and other platforms. This is sad.

When creating custom fields in JIRA, I could extract their values ​​directly into a simple spreadsheet and analyze it. This a lot in:

- block management
- dependency management
- management of bugs and incidents

And many other things.

Please reconsider, this is a decision that will make JIRA lose market share in Brazil. Kanban and other agile frameworks/methods are making great strides and they need data!

Like # people like this
bruno_mata_jussi August 16, 2022

Could someone please help us find another extension or anything else free that has the same function of extracting data from various JIRA custom fields?

Like # people like this
brian_allee August 16, 2022

As a development manager this is very frustrating. This tool was very useful to get data and report on the big picture for planning etc. Please reconsider.

Like # people like this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events