Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Updated* - Deprecating the Jira Cloud for Google Sheets app

173 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Eric Law August 17, 2022

Ok, so you are abandoning further support, but do you _have_ to disconnect existing users in such a short timeframe?

Like Peter Logsdon likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Whatever happened to the Atlassian Company Value Don't #@!% the customer"Customers are our lifeblood. Without happy customers, we’re doomed. So considering the customer perspective - collectively, not just a handful - comes first."

Like # people like this
Breno Lima August 17, 2022

Sorry, but this tools is completely useful. It seems to me just as you want to launch something paid in the future.

Jira was a great tool, but now is getting the same path as ServiceNow, complexifying the licenses, limiting features, making it difficult to deal with the pricing and limitations.

I used to trust Jira a lot. But now I'm afraid of investing on Jira and end up in a trap.

Like # people like this
Joselias Nogueira da Silva JUNIOR August 17, 2022

Please, reconsider.

I working in a global company and us use every days in every areas. 

It's very important for us. 

Probably we need use other provider if this occurs.

Kelly Gomes August 17, 2022

I was very disappointed, and now I am afraid to use other integrations and experience this again. Luckily I have already started a project to use the Jira APIs and im creating tables in mysql to transfer the views to power bi. Currently ALL of our analytics is in Data Dtudio and is consuming the data from this integration with Sheets. It would be nice if the deadline was extended.

Like # people like this
Jacqueline Bordin August 17, 2022

We use this plugin to measure all of our metrics, I see it has more than 1,8Million downloads, why to discontinue it? it's very useful!

Like # people like this
Kristina Visk August 17, 2022

I am shocked and saddened. This tool has so much potential and it is something we use everyday. Please reconsider! 

Like Shannon Osvog Armstrong likes this
Greg Pugh August 17, 2022

Please keep this.  I have tried using the excel plugin and it just does not work as well as gsheet plugin.

Like # people like this
Yar August 17, 2022

This is extremely disappointing and I don't understand how Atlassian listed low adoption as a reason to deprecate when nearly 2 million users are using this add-on; keep in mind this add-on is only being utilized by the admin of the projects so although there are 2 million users who have downloaded this, there are many other users who are utilizing the data once it's pulled. As a matter of fact, this was a key feature that helped us convince teams to move into Jira.

Like # people like this
Jennifer Doerre August 17, 2022

This is used to support ongoing critical business needs! Please keep it!  

Cesar Negrete August 17, 2022

The tool allows us to do many other things to promote transparency and an easy way to adopt the JIRA process, and please reconsider that decision or provide us the specific workarounds; its a step back in the process that we have :(

Christy Cofano August 17, 2022

I am also here to make a request that you not discontinue this plugin!!! This will generate a lot of extra work for the team to find an alternative solution that does what we need it to do as seamlessly.

This tool is so helpful - it has allowed us to generate reporting that is easy to use and see our data seamlessly! Please do not discontinue!!  

Kirsten Ryding August 17, 2022

As with most of the comments I have read here, we've found this tool  to be very useful for analysis and project reporting.  Just registering one more voice asking for reconsideration.

Christopher Schwartz August 17, 2022

To reiterate what many others have said, this is hugely disappointing and calls my fondness for Atlassian into question.

Atlassian has historically been highly customer-focused, listens to user feedback, and has built products that bring pleasure and efficiencies to its customers. Jira is not a perfect tool, and most understand that iterating on it requires time, money, and employee bandwidth (an always limited commodity). As such, its customers build with the current tools available.

Jira (Cloud - Company Managed Projects) does not have robust reporting tools, at least not ones comparable to what one can build in a spreadsheet tool. Many organizations (everyone I've been an employee of) use this add-on to build custom-dynamic reports and dashboards, consumed by several stakeholders from operations to engineering to C-level and founders. Without it, and assuredly with minimal time to test, build, and migrate to an equivalent alternative, many companies and teams will be left scrambling, some even without the bandwidth (it's a limited commodity everywhere) to replace it at all.

This development does not align with the values that Atlassian claims to follow - in fact, it flies in the face of some of them, most notably, "Don't #@!% the customer" and "Build with heart and balance." I'm sure this is not the sentiment Atlassian wished to impart, yet it is regrettably the one being sent.

I hope that with my note, along with the very many others here, Atlassian will reconsider this move, either by altogether scrapping it or by providing a matching option along with the time needed for its customers to test, build and migrate - at least six months if not a year. 

Thank you. 

CC: Anyone at Atlassian who may have a voice to address this. 
@Liron @Koen D'Hoore @Tygrr DosRemedios 

Like # people like this
Jefte Barboza August 17, 2022

Hello @Scott Farquhar how are you?
Please help us with this issue. This app is very important to many customers, disabling it will frustrate our experience with the tool.

Please support our community and continue with this app.
Thanks.

Like # people like this
Michael Flores August 17, 2022

This integration boosted our organization's productivity in a way that is nearly incalculable. To remove it is disappointing, upsetting, and a tremendous blow to your users. Please reconsider this decision. In only 2 days, 4 pages of comments have appeared here all expressing the same thing. What else will it take?

Like # people like this
Daria Mehra August 17, 2022

Please reconsider this decision. "Open in google sheets" was the single best Jira (add-on) feature that my team stumbled upon last year. We use it heavily and are highly disappointed to hear that it will go away, breaking our easy workflows (such as sheet-based analysis of bug reports in a release) and forcing us to rebuild this logic in a different way. If you observe low usage, a likely reason would be not sufficiently advertising the existence of this very valuable integration. 

Like Damian Versaci likes this
Thene Sheehy August 18, 2022

Hey #Atlassian, are you listening???

Should we take this discussion into LinkedIn?  

Are you paying attention to your community?

Like # people like this
Andy Males August 18, 2022

We are using this tool massively in our organisation. It's extremely useful and a massive time saver. We are relying on it for many spreadsheets and reports. Please reconsider removing it - even if you no longer support or make updates that would be ok, just please keep it going to avoid us having to spend more time integrating something else. Thanks.

Joseph Clift August 18, 2022

I keep coming back to the fact that this app has almost 2 million users. Which makes me think that there's *something* else going on here as a cause for withdrawing it other than... low usage and takeup.

TBH if Atlassian has a paid for version of the app as an add on in the works, they should wait until that's ready before retiring the old one. I also hope if that's the case, it's at a reasonable cost. I had a look at third party versions of the app, and they are going to be too costly I think. This decision really sucks.

Like Damian Versaci likes this
Tom Gallagher August 18, 2022

As per @Thene Sheehy ,

Please can we all like and share this LinkedIn post

This is too important to too many people to let the noise just die away

Like Joseph Clift likes this
Peter Griffiths August 18, 2022

Nooooooooooooooo! 

With this extension I can create bespoke dashboards and schedule data refreshes, meaning I can get on with other things while the robots keep everything up to date.

Won't anyone think of the robots?

But seriously, this is going to make so much work for me when it comes to working with the data contained within the projects I use.

Fergal Burnett Small August 18, 2022

This has been a really helpful tool for us - we have used it to create automated dashboards that combine multiple data sources. These dashboards have in turn have driven key business decisions

--> please can we keep this tool!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

We simply need someone to offer a free alternative solution in the Marketplace. There could be a 'Google Sheets for Jira Lite'. The Pro version could be the paid version. I see this as an opportunity for a MP vendor!

Like Andrew Herrera likes this
Mary Junkin August 18, 2022

Any suggestions for an alternative?

Like Marta Cuva likes this

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events