Update estimation field according to issue type

Guy Marelly July 26, 2022

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way that t-shirt estimation field dropdown values will be based on selected issue type:

epic - S, M, L

initiative - XL, XXL

Until today both epics or initiatives used all 5 options so I already have data in Jira that I don't want to affect (will remain the same until someone will try to update).

I've found a way (not sure if that's the correct one) with scrip runner to disable filed option.

As far as I understand, disable mean you don't see option but older data isn't affected. 

I'm trying to figure out what the script should look like and how can I make sure it will run on any case of create or update scenarios.

Once I've a script, should it run as behavior? Automation rule?

Thanks in advance,

Guy

2 answers

0 votes
Guy Marelly July 30, 2022

Trying again to see if someone knows how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Hi,

You can achieve this with a behaviour then bzsed on the issuetype your user will have different option for the field

Guy Marelly July 26, 2022

Thanks @Mohamed Benziane for your answer.

I've set a behavior mapped to Epic and Initiative and put the script on the initializer. Is that the correct place)?

It seems that when trying to update existing issue it's changing the options but when create new Epic or Initiative, values aren't set. Also if I'm changing the issue type on the create screen from epic to initiative or vice versa, it doesn't change the options. 

Any idea how to solve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events