Update Structure view from plugin

Victor Salvalagio Pereira June 11, 2013

Hello.

I`m developing a plugin that listen to the updates from any issue.

When the issue is updated, from the default screen or from the structure view, i have to update some fields on the children issues and parent. This is working well. I can navigate through the Structure and update them.

The problem is that the fields of the children and parent`s issue is not updated on the screen.

Is there a way to refresh the Structure with the new values from my plug-in?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

Hi Victor, make sure that when you update the fields, you send a notification event for the updated issue (this actually should be done automatically by JIRA API). Structure plugin polls JIRA periodically and should refresh the updated fields on its own - within 10 seconds or so after the update.

If for some reason the events are not generated (it also could be the case that some other plugin throws an exception and stops the event distribution), then you can also use IssueEventBridge interface from the Structure API to report a change.

Hope this helps!
Igor

Victor Salvalagio Pereira June 11, 2013

Thanks Igor.

It`s working with the IssueEventBridge interface. All issues are updated now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events