Update Custom Field value from Script Runner Dialog

Nicole Mueller June 16, 2021

I'm new to Script Runner. Now I have created a HTML dialog box with Fragments (to open it) and REST Endpoints script. I show several custom field values from the ticket in the dialog box and also check boxes and drop downs customized for the dialog box and further usage. Now there are two use-cases of this dialog box. One is to send data to a 3rd party, and another is to update a custom field (textfield). The user should be able to add (if the custom field was not filled with a value in the ticket) or update the custom field. To save the value I have created a HTML Save-Button and a click event with javascript. The click event is working. But how can I add (or update) the value to the custom field in the ticket? I don't see a way doing this within the JS click event. Is this even possible? Or is my approach wrong? Thank you so much for advises on how to solve this problem.

Cheers Nicole

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

In your save button click event, call the built-in jira rest API with AJS.$.ajax() and supply the value for your custom field.

Something like:

var issueKey = JIRA.Issue.getIssueKey()
var valueFromForm = '' //get the value from your form, perhaps using AJS.$('selector')
AJS.$({
type:"PUT",
dataType:"json",
contentType: "application/json",
url: `/rest/api/latest/issue/${issueKey}`,
data: JSON.stringify({fields:{customfield_xxxx:valueFromForm}}),
});
0 votes
Pradeep A July 8, 2021

Hi @Peter-Dave Sheehan I'm trying the same stuff. But when I execute the rest end point it loads to anther page. Is there any way the dialog could be displayed like a pop up?

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events