• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to update test case fields when using https://xray.cloud.xpand-it.com/api/v1/import/execution Edited

I'm trying to automate the import of junit tests into XRay in jira cloud using the "/api/v1/import/execution/junit/multipart" service

I've got the result file from the test execution and I've create a json file for the test execution fields (labels, components,etc) and another json file for the test case fields. The test case json looks like this:

{
"fields": {
"project": {
"id": "10094"
},
"reporter": {
"id": "5d71313eb605d80dc014d6b6"
},
"assignee": {
"id": "5d71313eb605d80dc014d6b6"
}
}
}

When I call the rest service it runs successfully and returns the details of the execution record created. When I check the Jira UI, I can see the execution record (with the values set from the json file) and I can see see each of the tests in the junit result was created. However none of the values from the test case json file has been set. Is there something wrong with this documentation https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/XRAYCLOUD/Import+Execution+Results+-+REST#ImportExecutionResultsREST-JUnitXMLresultsMultipart and am I missing something from my json file ?

I noticed it works when the test doesn't already exist and is created during the import. But if the test case already exists then it doesn't update the test case with values in the fields. Is there a way I could first the update

1 answer

Hi Niall, 

This is a very specific case that we have to analyze with more data. Can you please contact us through our Service Desk? We have to make tests to understand the question.

Thank you!

Best Regards, 

Team Xray

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

106 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you