Unable to retrieve the Test Cases based on "Build Number" function in Advanced Search.

aravind k July 2, 2013

Hi,

As we know while Creating a Test Cycle we've an option for "Build Number" where we'll specify some specific number.

So after executing the Test cycle for that particular "Build Number", I'm unable to retrieve the Test Cases using that function.

Following is the JQL which is used:

project = "New Test" AND "Build Number" ~12345 AND issuetype = Test

Is there any alternative way to retrieve the Test Cases based on "Test Cycle"?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

Hi Aravind,

Sorry for the late response. I will check with our team however we at Zephyr do not share our road map until it is ready to be shared. When we do share it we always post it to our blog immediately. I do know the JQL queries and API's availability in Zephyr for JIRA is very important to many of our customers. We are working hard on it and as soon as we do have information we can post on it, it will appear here...

http://blogs.yourzephyr.com/

Kind Regards,

Emily

aravind k July 17, 2013

Thanx Emily... :)

1 vote
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

Hi Aravind,

Currently at this time there is not a way to retrieve test cases based on cycle or execution status. This is something we are aware of as a company that folks are looking for. Becuase of this we are going to plus one you on this request and we are working to add this feature into a coming release.

Kind Regards,

Emily

aravind k July 3, 2013

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your quick response.
We are waiting fot this feature to be implememted ASAP since its very important from QA perspective.

Along with this I would like to ask one more thing.
Will the "Build Number" function issue mentioned in the above query be resolved?

Thanks,
Arvind

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events