Unable to locate specific application in Marketplace Apps (Default Values)?

Darwin Anderson January 26, 2021

I have been attempting to add the "Default Values for 'Create Issue' screen" addon to our Jira cloud instance, however I'm running into two problems whenever I attempt to do so.

First, I assume that the instructions for installing to a Jira Data Center instance do not apply to Jira Cloud? I cannot find anywhere to upload a .JAR file or install the license, and it's my understanding that the "Marketplace Apps" have replaced the "Add-Ons" functionality entirely. Is there a way to install an add-on file and license in Jira Cloud?

Second, it appears this particular add-on is missing from the Marketplace Apps? Is there a way to easily tell if it supports Jira Cloud, or is the only way to tell to assume if it doesn't show up in the search, it isn't supported? If this is the case and the Default Values add-on simply isn't supported in Jira Cloud, does anyone have a recommendation for a similar App that is supported in Jira Cloud that has the same template-per-issue-type functionality?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mario Thor February 1, 2021

Hi Darwin,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

We develop Default Values app. The app is not supported in Jira Cloud.  Please note that default of “Description” field is supported out of the box in next-gen projects in Jira Cloud. See also:

Default text for Description field on Jira Cloud 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-4812 

Cheers, Mario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events