Unable to link Pro Forma fields to Jira Fields

Doods Perea September 18, 2019

After successfully testing Pro Forma:  Forms and Custom Fields for Jira in our Development environment, I installed the app in Production.  Note we are using Jira Cloud for both instances.

Unfortunately, in Production I am unable to map/link Pro Forma fields to Jira fields.  No Jira fields appear in the "Linked Jira Field" dropdown.  All I see are:  Do not link, Common Fields, Other fields.

As we investigate, I made sure whatever app is in Prod is also in Dev, thereby removing the issue of app incompatibility.

I have already raised a ticket with the vendor for support since Sept 13 and up to now we are unable to resolve the issue.

Has anybody experienced and resolved this?

I highly appreciate your input.

4 answers

0 votes
asuri February 16, 2022

Perhaps this was addressed earlier or in another thread, but Proforma is unable to parse values selected when using and mapping to components (multi select field) or notes (single line) or acceptance criteria (multi line) 

But the following fields parse their values from the form onto the jira issues status field: 

- summary 

- due date

- description 

- reporter  

0 votes
Doods Perea February 23, 2021

Apologies I have left this open for a long time.  This issue is now resolved from my end and has never seen it happen again.

Thanks to Jennifer and the ThinkTilt team for working on this.

0 votes
Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 24, 2020

Hi Ken and Doods,

My apologies for the delay in replying to this.

The issue you are hitting may be due to the way Jira provides ProForma with the list of fields you can link to in the form builder. Currently, ProForma uses the most recently created issue as the template issue type to determine what fields can be linked to. This is not perfect as the fields can differ between issue types and we working on improving this as soon as possible.

The work around to solve this is to temporarily create an issue of the required issue type. Then reopen and edit the form template. Provided it is the most recently created issue in the project you will be able to see all of the relevant fields.

We know this workaround is less than ideal and will be building a better fix in the near future. 

Thanks

David Lister April 16, 2020

I  am also experiencing this issue.  However to me this issue is bigger as we have this form on our customer facing portal and if the last Request Type using this form is closed, then the form no longer shows any fields and causes issues getting new tickets and confusion for our customers.  

Is there any updates on this issue or known workarounds? 

Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2020

Hi David,

I agree this is something we need to fix and I'll be back as soon as we have an update.

Thanks,

Jenny

Chris Hazelwood August 27, 2020

Is there any update of when a fix for this issue might be applied? 

Nita Brumbaugh February 23, 2021

Any update on this issue?

Sam Mongeau October 29, 2021

Any updates?

0 votes
Ken Robbins December 20, 2019

We have run into the exact same issue. In our case, we created a form, used it successfully, and then the links appeared to vanish. I tried changing settings but nothing helped. Eventually, I created a new form, tested it successfully with one field and then deleted the form. When I went back to the original form it was now back to its correct original linkages.

We've now had this happen to a second form.

Did you ever get an answer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events