Unable to format Email body

Ravikumar April 4, 2019

I have a form using IFTTT email control

image.png

the email output comes like this, why its not coming in same format it was designed above? why the date is coming as some junk value ?

image.png

I need to get proper tabular column like this

image.png

and 1 more format like this

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Ravikumar April 5, 2019

No answer available so far

Ravikumar April 5, 2019

-

Ravikumar April 5, 2019

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Why are you using the Velocity notation to get the values from the fields? Any particular reason? Please use ConfiForms Field macros or [entry.field_name] notations

Using Velocity notations ${} is deprecated long time ago and doe snot allow the flexibility that other methods provide (you cannot use virtual functions, for example)

As for the CSS and styling (same answer I have provided you in the email) - ConfiForms IFTTT to send emails sends ONLY what you have put inside the macro body (no extra styles added).

If you want to send the email with Confluence styles then I suggest to use the HTML or CSS macro and include the styles from AUI. Some can be found from CDN - https://aui-cdn.atlassian.com/

Ravikumar April 5, 2019

ConfiForms Field macros or [entry.field_name] notations is not working inside email body, only velocity form works...:(

How to convert the date object to readable format, even that is also not working as of now the start date is coming as some 12321230000 how to converit it in readable form. 

I am doing workaround of using markup {} and dumping my html with styles, but its not very easy way to do things like other tools to be honest

Can you also pls give some some working example code even simple html code with table (border) is also fine. 

you have to bear in mind that every one is not great coders, we need more working example and step by step process to make things easy for us :(

REFER BELOW MORE DETAILS ON THE ISSUE I AM FACING !!!!

Ravikumar April 5, 2019

image.png

image.png

image.png

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2019

To get the format you want, with "label-value", in 2 column layout - do use the ConfiForms CardView with a filter parameter set to id:[entry.id] to show the data only for the (current) record

It creates exactly the tabular format you need (there are many ways of how to show the data stored with ConfiForms and the CardView seems more appropriate with what I understand from the information you have shared)

card-view-tabular-data-view.pngDo not use ${} velocity notations (they are deprecated and access raw field values and don't support virtual functions) and use [entry.field_name] or ConfiForms Field macros instead

If your [entry.field_name] autocompletes to a link (what I see from the screenshot you have pasted for field "Type of change")  then see this answer from our FAQ on how to "fight" this

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2019
Ravikumar April 9, 2019

Great thanks a lot for the reply

I have two more questions which i posted , please help in clarifying those as well

Jira Support 1905 (SCB GBS)

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2019

Sorry, what "two more questions" - can you be more specific?

Ravikumar April 9, 2019

Please refer this link

Q1. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/email-attachement-is-not-picked-while-email-is-sent/qaq-p/1052410

Q2. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/https-wiki-vertuna-com-display-TEST-Demo-with-conditional-rules/qaq-p/1052373

With this two question i am almost done with this work. appreciate your patience and help in resolving those. 

Thanks

Ravi. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2019

You need to tag the questions properly, so we get notifications about new question related to our plugin

As these are not Jira/Confluence/JSD question, but questions related to a specific plugin called ConfiForms

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events