Unable to find a suitable validator for the workflow transition

SRP June 15, 2020

Transition:

In Progress (Status Detail: Under Investigation, Root Cause Known, Deferral Requested) → Resolved

Note:Only possible for "Resolution"s which are not "Fixed"

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

So you want a validator that checks what the user has entered in the transition screen and if they have not selected "fixed", then fail the transition if it is from one of those three status going into resolved.

You'll need to use an app to provide that.  I'd recommend one of the scripting apps to do it, as I suspect you'll have other things like this you might want to do.

However, you might want to do it without any apps.  In that case, take a different approach - on each of the three transitions, do not ask the user for the resolution, but use the "update field" post-function to set the resolution to fixed.  Anyone jumping the issue into resolved will therefore set the resolution correctly.

SRP June 16, 2020

Thanks Nic,

I will try the same and check if it works

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Hi SRP,

Can you give us an exact example of what you are trying to accomplish? The steps and what you expect to see?

SRP June 16, 2020

Hi John,

Basically I am not able to find a suitable validator for the below transition:

Transition: In Progress (Status Detail: Under Investigation, Root Cause Known, Deferral Requested) → Resolved

Description: Only possible for "Resolution"s which are not "Fixed"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2020

It is not clear what you are trying to achieve here.

Hasna June 16, 2020

Hi @SRP 

If you want these  status -->Under Investigation, Root Cause Known, Deferral Requested to be appeared on if Resolution is marked as Not fixed or Resolution not in fixed .

You can actually add scripted conidtion 

issue.resolutionObject.name != "Fixed"

Hasna

SRP June 16, 2020

Thanks Hasna,

Can you please specify where I can write this condition. I am looking for a validator to fulfill this requirement.

so the status details is a field actually and the transition is from in progress to Resolved 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events