Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to connect Microsoft Teams plugin to JIRA

We have installed the "Microsoft Teams for Jira Server" app in our local Jira Server instance and configured it per the instructions. It looks like everything installed successfully, and in the configuration panel for the Jira app it says "Microsoft Teams connection is currently ACTIVE."

I attempted to install the "Jira Server" app into Microsoft Teams and make it available to our team. I was able to install the Teams app, but I'm not able to connect it to our Jira. It asks me to log into Teams again using my organization's SSO. It then asks for my verification code, which is provided by our Jira server. But when I submit the verification code, I get an error that says "user not authorized." I have not been able to get past this point. My IT department believes the issue is on the Jira end, not the Teams end.

I tried setting up a free Microsoft Teams instance using a personal email account in order to test things out. When I attempt to authorize the Jira Server app for our Jira system using our authorization ID code, it gets a bit further (asking me to approve the app's access to my personal information). But I am then taken to a white screen with this message: {"error":"An unhandled error occurred. We are working on it!"}.

I submitted a ticket to SoftServe's website but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Thanks!

2 answers

Hi @ngrusz1

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please be informed that we received your request #112889. We provided the response but seems like it has been delivered to spam folder.

For your convenience, we have just duplicated the initial reply. 

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

Thank you. I received the duplicate reply and just replied back to it!

Hi @ngrusz1 ,

Would you mind me asking what you want to get out of this integration?

Thanks in advance,
Leo

Our primary goal was to receive notifications regarding 1) new tickets, and 2) updates/changes to existing tickets within our Teams chat. Additional features, like being able to update tickets through Teams, also looked cool and might be used over time, but the previously-noted items are what we were hoping for. We previously had a similar setup via Slack.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

396 views 3 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you