Unable to connect Microsoft Teams plugin to JIRA

ngrusz1 April 22, 2020

We have installed the "Microsoft Teams for Jira Server" app in our local Jira Server instance and configured it per the instructions. It looks like everything installed successfully, and in the configuration panel for the Jira app it says "Microsoft Teams connection is currently ACTIVE."

I attempted to install the "Jira Server" app into Microsoft Teams and make it available to our team. I was able to install the Teams app, but I'm not able to connect it to our Jira. It asks me to log into Teams again using my organization's SSO. It then asks for my verification code, which is provided by our Jira server. But when I submit the verification code, I get an error that says "user not authorized." I have not been able to get past this point. My IT department believes the issue is on the Jira end, not the Teams end.

I tried setting up a free Microsoft Teams instance using a personal email account in order to test things out. When I attempt to authorize the Jira Server app for our Jira system using our authorization ID code, it gets a bit further (asking me to approve the app's access to my personal information). But I am then taken to a white screen with this message: {"error":"An unhandled error occurred. We are working on it!"}.

I submitted a ticket to SoftServe's website but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Dennis Rankl February 21, 2022

Hi,

for me the problem was that not all proxy rules were configurated as explained here: https://www.msteams-atlassian.com/jiraserver/index.html#configuring-firewall

With enabling debug logging for the "Microsoft Teams for Jira" app (Logging and profiling > Configure logging for another package > "com.microsoft.teams" and "DEBUG") I was able to view this specific problem in the atlassian-jira.log log file. When you're done with troubleshooting you should set this option back to INFO.

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

Hi @ngrusz1

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please be informed that we received your request #112889. We provided the response but seems like it has been delivered to spam folder.

For your convenience, we have just duplicated the initial reply. 

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

ngrusz1 April 23, 2020

Thank you. I received the duplicate reply and just replied back to it!

nojini October 26, 2021

Hi, I'm having the same issue, getting "user not authorized". How did you solve this?

Thanks

ngrusz1 October 26, 2021

Unfortunately we were not able to resolve the issue; it seems to be a limitation with the plugin and the configuration of our Teams instance. There was no way we were able to make it work, even with technical support.

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2020

Hi @ngrusz1 ,

Would you mind me asking what you want to get out of this integration?

Thanks in advance,
Leo

ngrusz1 April 22, 2020

Our primary goal was to receive notifications regarding 1) new tickets, and 2) updates/changes to existing tickets within our Teams chat. Additional features, like being able to update tickets through Teams, also looked cool and might be used over time, but the previously-noted items are what we were hoping for. We previously had a similar setup via Slack.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events