Turn planned time into Logged time

Mike [Idea Bubble] October 18, 2013

Guys, first off well done on all the success of a great product, it has been a lynchpin in our management tool set.

We plan our tasks in our daily scrum each morning and as we progress we log our time to each item we work on, standard JIRA workflow really. However for the more admin people we would like to be able to review our plan through out the day and back track our logging.

We all feel to do this simple and efficiently (aka fast!) what do you think of the ability to turn the planned tickets time into logged time with a click, edit to confirm and done!?

It would make our lives over here in Ireland working with time tracking so much more enjoyable!

Thanks for reading this and hopefully considering for your very backlog at least! :)

Michael

michael.ocallaghan@ideabubble.ie

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2013

Hi Mike,

Thank you for this improvement idea, can you please create a feature request for this in our Atlassian JIRA (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMPO). Other users with similar requests can then vote on this issue and contribute by adding comments that will help Tempo developers implement the request.

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Mike [Idea Bubble] October 18, 2013

Ok thanks Susanne.

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

Hi Mike, we are definitely hoping to make this possible but there are certain things that we need to sort out first to make it possible. Thanks for the feedback,

Viðar

Nathanael Coyne (Boehm) February 18, 2015

Has anything happened with this?

Kristin Hreinsdottir [Tempo] April 21, 2015

Hi yes we are planning to implement this as part of the Worklog Calendar which we released in Timesheets 7.12. If you have more feedback for us to take into account designing this, now is the time :) Kristín

Michael O'Callaghan April 21, 2015

Hi @kirstin , yes I am still with you guys. As for the design approach it would be great to see what screen layout you have in mind and I can provide feedback. I have 8 staff using TS via JIRA for the last 7 years so we have seen it evolve into a very strong product. I have some other improvements too if you are open to them! Thanks guys, keep up the good work. Michael

Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2015

I was curious if this feature is now available? I have several users who are excited about this working.

Samantha Lamey September 17, 2015

Hi, Does anyone know if this made it into a release? My team would find it extremely useful!!

Hannah Dennis May 18, 2016

Hi, Our team is also starting to use the planning feature of tempo. I would like to show them how to convert their "planned time" into "logged time" with one click, if it is possible? It would be great if this showed up on the Worklog Calendar view that they are able to see their planning for that day, add items in, move items to the next day, or log their time from the planning. Has this feature been implemented?  Or is there a clear way to be able to see the planned items in the Worklog Calendar screen? Thanks!  Hannah

?Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 14.01.02.png.  

Ben Marshall July 15, 2016

We'd really like something like this. Our use case is similar to the above. We'd like our product or project managers to be able to plan time against epics or projects, then daily or weekly our scrum masters would be able to click that plan and in most cases just confirm - "yep, my team and I spent this time on the allocated task/s". The scrum master would be able to edit it if they needed so that they could confirm most of the time but log that one of their team didn't work on the project for 2 days as they were fixing a bug on something else for support for example. It seems clunky right now given that the planned time is there that they can't just confirm that the plan is in fact what happened and only have to do something more complicated if there has been some kind of exception.

Chris Ferguson April 21, 2017

I would also really like the ability to be able to simply convert planned time to worked/logged time. Any chance you can take a look at this again?

1 vote
Herb Gilliland May 14, 2018

Every single day I have a scrum meeting for the same duration.  every single day / week I have to input that 5 times.  I'd like to be able to have this auto-convert since I've planned it daily until 2025.

Herb Gilliland May 14, 2018

alternatively, an option under the gear-menu in the Tempo inspector to "Confirm Time Spent"

0 votes
Mitch Collins August 12, 2020

Hi, any update on this?

0 votes
Hennie Vermeulen March 24, 2020

Any update on this?

0 votes
Ingo Volkmann November 20, 2019

Any updates on this?

0 votes
Angie Penberthy August 23, 2019

Any news regarding this feature? It seems I can't vote on the feature request since the link doesn't seem to be valid anymore. This would really come in handy for us too.

0 votes
Ioana Apetrei August 1, 2019

Any news regarding this feature? It seems I can't vote on the feature request since the link doesn't seem to be valid anymore. This would really come in handy for us too.

0 votes
Mark Chu June 13, 2019

Has this feature been implemented yet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events