Turn contents of Checklist custom field into issue checklist

Gabriel Teixeira June 7, 2022

Hi.

In one of my service desk projects, I use a checklist custom field in one of the request forms. It appears to the customer like this:

Capturar.PNG

However, in the team's view, the results of the field appear as a list of the checked options, and you can't even read them fully:

Capturar.PNG

Naturally, this isn't satisfactory. I wanted the checklist to appear in the issue as it does in the request form.

I tried creating an automation that would copy the contents of the Checklist PCP field into the Checklist Text field from the Issue Checklist add-on. I do this by editing the Checklist Text field to {{issue.Checklist PCP}}. However, all the marked options appear as one long single option, like this:

Capturar.PNG

I tried using the .split(",") function but the checklist returns empty. All I want is for the checklist to appear in the issue as it does in the form. Is there a way I can do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 14, 2022

Hi, @Gabriel Teixeira !

As an alternative, try out Recurring Checklists and Report add-on. My team has developed it to create, automate and control team performance using checklists. 

To show all text from the action item, use one-page report 

image.png

0 votes
Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2022

Hi Gabriel,

I'm not sure why your checklist custom field is rendering that way, but I wanted to give you a few options. With the Issue Checklist App, the Checklist Text field will always show as one text field, and needs to be formatted with line breaks in order to render properly in the Issue Checklist UI. Currently, Issue Checklist does not support customers completing checklists on the JSM portal.

A couple of option you might want to look into are:

• Checklist for Jira
  • Forms -Forms are now available in all JSM Cloud projects (just below Request types) in the Project Settings. You can add a checklist form field to gather the information from customers without having a custom field.

Hope that helps,

Jenny

Gabriel Teixeira June 8, 2022

>With the Issue Checklist App, the Checklist Text field will always show as one text field, and needs to be formatted with line breaks in order to render properly in the Issue Checklist UI.

Can I do some automation in JQL to add line breaks after every comma? that'd solve the issue. I tried using .split(",") and it didn't work

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi Gabriel :)

Maybe try something like this:
jira automation for regex replace community case.png
replacing XX with the number of your Checklist PCP customfield.

the replaceAll(",",",\r\n") function should replace all commas with a comma followed by return and new line characters. If you don't need the trailing comma you can remove it from the second quoted argument for that function ;)

Gabriel Teixeira June 8, 2022

Thanks for the advice, but it didn't work. "Checklist Text" returns empty, just as when I use .split(",") :(

Like parajesus likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events