Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trying out the Easy Templates Addon for JIRA - story template works, but defect template not so much

Hi - I am trying out some template solutions to see what will work best for us. I have added the Easy Templates addon and have been testing it out. I created a story template that works just fine - I can prefill a new story from the templates view, or I can apply that template to a new story and have it fill that way.

However, when I created a bug template, while it recognizes the template exists it will not prefill any of the description either from the templates panel OR when I click apply template. If I go directly to the bug template I still see all of my predefined text in the description, I just can't seem to get that text to copy over to the new ticket I create from that template. I have tried deleting the template ticket and re-adding, but the behavior doesn't change. Any ideas? Is there perhaps a limit on how many templates you can use in the demo version?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

462 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you