Trigger on Issue Moved

Tiffany L. June 13, 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to create an automation that says, when an issue is moved from issue type = Service Request to issue type = Change Request, update the CAB to person A, person, B, or person C based on the components.

My current config looks something like this:

• trigger on issue moved
    • Branch: current issue
      • if issue matches JQL: issuetype = "Change Request" and component = "Firewall"
      • then edit issue fields: CAB = person A
    • Branch: current issue
      • if issue matches JQL: issuetype = "Change Request" and component = "Salesforce"
      • then edit issue fields: CAB = person B

My problem is that the rule doesn't seem to fire when I move the ticket. Is this because the "if" statements are being evaluated prior to move (i.e. the ticket is still considered a service request?) I'm trying to understand the timing so I can potentially correct the config.

1 answer

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2017

Hi Tiffany,

Sorry for the slow response.  This question slipped through the cracks unfortunately (we didn't watch for the automation tag everywhere).

I think the only problem with your rule is that the trigger needs to be changed to 'Field value changed: Issue type'.  Issue moved is actually reported as issue updated internally in JIRA if all that's changed is the issue type.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
  Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events