Transitions creating duplicate posts to Slack

gmoes April 30, 2020

I have several other triggers that are working normally, but this particular item that triggers when a given ticket type transitions to the "Approved" status is causing double posts in Slack.

I am curious on what exact post function triggers the Slack event. Previously I had an extra custom event firing in addition to the generic event being fired, and it was posting in Slack an additional time (three times instead of twice). I removed that and now we're down to just twice.

There are three different assign post functions (broadly assign to a role, and then two functions that assign to a specific person based on the contents of a custom field), and then the standard stuff of set issue status, update change history and store in the DB, reindex the issue, and fire a generic event.

There are a few other questions about similar topics, but they appear to have different solutions. One went away by itself, and the recommendation for the other was to update their version of the Slack app. I just installed this earlier this week, so I'm pretty certain I should be on the latest add-on version (Jira version is Data Center 8.5.0).

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events