Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Transition the issue using a particular transition

Hi,

I am trying to transition the issue using a particular transition. I saw an old rule created by another team member.

old_rule.jpgHe used an action "Transition the issue using" and selected a transition. 

I tried to select the transition action, but I couldn't select the transition.

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 13.38.16.jpgAm I missing something? 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Jun 23, 2020

Hi @Navaneetha_sankar  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First (and not related to your question) but I think you could use just one Edit issue fields component and edit multiple fields in that single component instead of using 3. 

So what do you see when you click the dropdown for Destination status? Right now it says Copy from trigger issue but there are many more statuses available under that. Are you saying that the status you want to move to is not included with the other statuses in the dropdown?

Hi @John Funk,

Thanks for the tip. I will merge the actions :)

The destination status dropdown shows the status that I need. But, If I select that and publish the rule, I get "No transitions to specified status could be found for issues (with current status)".

Apparently we had the same problem and a team member created the rule with the transition shown in the first screenshot.

John Funk Community Leader Jun 24, 2020

Check a couple of things - 

1. See if there are any conditions on the transition in the workflow that would prevent the rule from moving it. You might need to add the atlassian-addons group to the condition.

2. Check the Permission Scheme associated with the project. Again make sure that the atlassian-addons group has permissions for basically everything in the permission scheme, especially the Transition Issues and Edit Issues permissions. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

260 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you