Transition on Comment - Ignore internal comments

Ted Mozer April 10, 2018

Hello,

I just got the plugin and am playing with a few things that would help our team.

I set up a "Transition on Comment" rule, and it works fine except for the fact that when our team creates an internal comment, the rule processes, if applicable.

I've attempted to use smart values, specifically "{{comment.internal}}" to have it not process when internal comments are made, to no avail.

I'm certain there is a way to accommodate this; can you please assist?

In JIRA's built-in automation, there is a "comment visibility" selection that allows the rule to consider internal or public comments.

The screenshot shows one of my attempts to use the smart value to handle this, and failing.

Capture123.JPG

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 10, 2018

Hey there Muyiwa,

You'll need to use the "Compare condition" to match the smart value, not the JQL condition.

So it'll be:

{{comment.internal}}
EQUALS
false

Not the lowercase f in false as well.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Mark C

0 votes
Sam Dean February 17, 2022

I managed to get {{issue.comments.last.internal}} to return a value for me. Hope this helps someone.

0 votes
Cow Hills October 17, 2018

Hello Muyiwa Fagbami,

I did by creating a Compare condition and settings it to compare {{comment.internal}} equals false

Capture.PNG 

eutomi2 February 12, 2019

I did all of the following, but no luck in my current setup. I was reading up on documentation and learned how to look-up smart values. I peeked in my JSON files and I could not see this smart value any where. Is this deprecated?

1.PNG2.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events