Transition from one status to another - sub-tasks and parent issue

Yepraksia Hovhannisyan November 18, 2019

Hi. I want to do the following two actions, however, not using any add-ons or using JMWE (as I have only that extension added to Jira). 

1. When any of the sub-tasks of the parent issue become "In progress", I want the parent issue become "In progress" as well. 

2. When All sub-tasks of the parent issue become "Done", I want the parent issue become "In review". 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

Using JMWE, you can easily achieve both. Are you on Jira Server or Cloud?

Yepraksia Hovhannisyan November 19, 2019

Hi. I am using Jira Cloud

Yepraksia Hovhannisyan November 19, 2019

I managed to do the first one. However, I couldn't succeed in second point, as it needs condition, which I couldn't write. 

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

You don't need to "write" a condition - simply use the "Sub-task blocking" condition (or JMWE's Linked Issues Status Condition).

Liliana February 4, 2020

Hello I am new at this JMWE, can you pls share how was the first condition configured? Thanks a lot! 

Yepraksia Hovhannisyan February 4, 2020

Hi @Liliana the steps for it are the following (mine is JIRA Cloud, so I will tell you steps based on it):

1. Go to post functions of the transition where the subtask goes from open to in progress (in sub-task workflow), 

2. Choose "Transition parent issue (JMWE app)"

3. In the transition picker choose the transition for the story which should be affected by the subtask transition (in my case it was the user story goes from open to in progress), as well as the workflow where that transition exists. 

4. Add it. You may add several workflows if the transition can be applied to several ones (and the automation will work whenever it sees any of the transitions available), 

5. Leave the rest unchanged. 

Hope this helps. 

Liliana February 5, 2020

@Yepraksia Hovhannisyan  this is so helpful! thank you so much! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events