Hi. I want to do the following two actions, however, not using any add-ons or using JMWE (as I have only that extension added to Jira).
1. When any of the sub-tasks of the parent issue become "In progress", I want the parent issue become "In progress" as well.
2. When All sub-tasks of the parent issue become "Done", I want the parent issue become "In review".
Hi @Liliana the steps for it are the following (mine is JIRA Cloud, so I will tell you steps based on it):
1. Go to post functions of the transition where the subtask goes from open to in progress (in sub-task workflow),
2. Choose "Transition parent issue (JMWE app)"
3. In the transition picker choose the transition for the story which should be affected by the subtask transition (in my case it was the user story goes from open to in progress), as well as the workflow where that transition exists.
4. Add it. You may add several workflows if the transition can be applied to several ones (and the automation will work whenever it sees any of the transitions available),
5. Leave the rest unchanged.
Hope this helps.
It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event