Transition date/time field in strange format when exported to CSV

Darren Lowe November 9, 2018

I’m hoping someone can help me with a question about a custom field. It’s a “Transition Date/Time Field” from the Jira Misc Custom Fields add-on. It’s configured to automatically populate a date into the field when a transition is clicked on.

This field works great when it’s displayed on the view screen of an issue. However, when I export a group of tickets with this field to a CSV, it displays in a format like this… 22:47.8. 

Is there any way to configure this field to display as a date in excel? Or is there another way to produce a date field that tracks the date when a certain transition(s) is clicked on in a workflow that would display the results as a date when exported to a CSV?

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2020

Or, instead of manually fixing the problem (which can be tedious if you have to repeatedly do it), you can export the data precisely to XLSX, the native fileformat of Excel. 

jira-misc-custom-fields-export

0 votes
Darren Lowe November 10, 2018

UPDATE: I was overthinking this. It’s just a simple formatting issue. You just have format the column to display a date (right click column header > Format cells > date) and that takes care of it.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events