Transition Parent Issue when any of the sub issues/tasks move to Execution state

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

I did follow the post https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/268989/transition-parent-issue-only-when-certain-issue-sub-task-types-are-done.But still i am unable to implement this. My requirement is similar to this post.

I have task as PBI which follows its PBI workflow. There is a SBI workflow for the subtasks.

If any of the SBI moves to Execution state i would want the PBI to move from its previous step to Execution state. After following the link above when i tried the solution it wasnt working for me probably because i could have done something wrong.

What i did?

In SBI workflow at "Execute" transition i have added the post function at the last. The snapshot is as follows

This is how after adding the above post function looks:

Now the PBI workflow in its execute transition has this validator

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

Hi Jayashree,

Just follow the following instructions:

• You must ensure that you are writing the name of the destination status you write exactly as it is. In you case the status actual name is "Execution" (without double quotes). Since JIRA 6.x statuses are always shown in upper case, despite the true name can contain lower case characters. Try to edit the name of the status an you will look the actual name, as in the screenshot:

Next version of JIRA Workflow Toolbox (2.1.20), will be case unsensitive for the name of statuses, so you will be able to write the name of the status as you see it in the UI. You can try this beta version.

• I advice you to move post-function "Copy parsed text to a field" to first place in execution order. It's always better to place custom post-function to be executed before JIRA system post-functions.
  • In validator "Validation on subtasks" change parameter "Unselected statuses are not allowed" to "Unselected statuses are allowed". In you current configuration you are forcing all subtasks to be in "Planed" or "Execution" statuses, but your warning message I guess that you want at least one subtask in one of those statuses, and this is attained by doing the change I propose you.

Regards,

Fidel

Jayashree Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2014

Thanks Fidel :) It works. Although i didnt use the Beta version i tried changing "EXECUTION" to Execution

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events