Tracking multiple user resource hours in a single ticket

Ken Hopper June 25, 2020

I am struggling to find information regarding this so I am hoping someone may have an answer for me.  I am using the BigPicture trial and our ticketing process within a project will have multiple users as the assignee throughout the life of the ticket in the project depending on area of work (i.e. Development, QA, etc.).  When I try to view the hours based on what the user has available and what is being calculated from the original estimate of the ticket, the hours move from resource to resource when the assignee is changed.  This is making it difficult to get correct information for each user in the process.  Is there a way that this can be broken down and tracked by individual assignee on the ticket?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2020

Hello

Yes, you've got options. I set up one of them in the screenshot below.

1. Say, we've got a complicated issue that will be handled by many assignees, BPV-29 in the example.
  2. We've estimated it to 12 weeks, and note how the 'Original estimate' column has no aggregation applied.
  3. Now, we've been assigning the issue to Jerome Johnson, John Brown, and Bob Hard. With BPV-29 highlighted, it's Task > Create sub-task > Gantt sub-task from Gantt chart's top menu
  4. Over time we log time to Assignment 1, 2, and 3 placeholder tasks, and note how the 'Time spent' and 'Remaining estimate' columns do have Sum (no parent) aggregation applied.
  5. Consider keeping these placeholder tasks in a separate Jira project, called Time tracking for example, and you need to add that extra project to the scope of your BigPicture Program, co that the Gantt chart can see the Assignment 1, 2, 3 tasks.
  6. To configure your own dataset go to View > Column views > Manage column views from the top menu.

gantt-chart-time-tracking.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events