Traceability, by Feature, how can I see the whole structure? Feature > Stories > Test Cases>Defects

lsullivan October 22, 2020

Zephyr for Jira: Traceability TAB - If I select "Feature" in the "Type" then I generate "Requirements to defect", I get the list of all the test cases associated to that feature but not the stories under that feature that are linked to those test cases. In that way, I don't know which story has been tested and which one has not. 

I would like a report by Feature > Stories > Test Cases/Story > Defects.

Instead of: feature > test cases > defects.

I know I can do  report by story, but by feature it would provide an higher level of visibility, where I can see the stories covered by test cases and the ones, under the same feature, with no test cases associated to it yet. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Steven Colón
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 23, 2020

Hello @lsullivan

Thank you for the question.

At the moment, Zephyr for Jira is only able to create a traceability report from Requirement > Tests> Executions > Defects (and vice-versa) where "Requirement" can either be a Jira Story or Feature. So you'd have to do multiple reports and correlate them together manually at this point (maybe via CSV export).

I like your idea for a more "multi-tier" traceability report that can incorporate more data and I assume others would too. 

If possible, it'd be great if you could share your idea in our Zephyr for Jira Cloud Ideas Portal. Our product team will be happy to learn more about this feature and other users can vote on them as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events