Toggl Integration with direct entry of worklog entries

Greg Sutton September 25, 2015

Hi 

We are currently investigating time tracking options in JIRA and I'm interested in the use of a timer to enter worklog. Toggl looks good however, I am unsure how Toggl being the master and JIRA the slave will work if :

(1) I have some users entering via time information via Toggl and others using Work Calendar

(2) Some users doing most of their time logging via Toggl - but then using Work Calendar to correct and tidy up their timesheets.  Will there be a problem and Toggl resync the JIRA worklog information back to Toggl figures if the user does a correction in JIRA?  i.e. If I use Toggl do I have to enforce all time tracking via Toggl?

Thanks

Greg

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user September 27, 2015

Hi Greg

Yes, this could be a problem. When you look closely at the worklog entries created by Joggler you see something like:

toggl_plugin_version:1
toggl_id:273791311

Joggler uses the toggl_id to synchronize with the Toggl time entry with the corresponding ID. If the user changes such a worklog entry in JIRA without removing the toggl_id Joggler will just resynch with the information stored in Toggl on next synchronization and overwrite the users changes.

Regards

Benno

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events