Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Time tracking with Harvest integration

Edited

In Jira fill in the field "Original Estimate"

Open "Harvest Time Tracking" within the Jira ticket and record time on task or start timer.

Once I submit, the time is recorded in Harvest correctly and a link to the Jira ticket is supplied in Harvest.

However, "Time Tracking" is not updated in the Jira ticket because I didn't track the time using that. Is there any way to integrate so time recorded in Harvest, updates the bar so we can see progress against the original estimate?

2 answers

I'm also experiencing this, nearly a year later. I'd really like the Time Spent / Time Remaining to update on the ticket when we use the Harvest integration, because my devs are not going to copy their time over.

I'm also searching for this answer over a year after you posted this looking again

We are using the paid App from 42nd for this, now.

As long as you have an original estimate, and your board is configured to use Sprints, and your estimation settings look like the image below, and your devs sync their timers, it works. 

Estimation Board Settings.png

We added it yesterday, glad to know that it was successful for you. Thanks for the response!

Like Anne Saunders likes this

Also interested in this - looks like there is a paid market place plugin for this. 

Harvest will show you the time logged to the ticket on the harvest plugin itself witch is cool. 

Wanting to report on estimate vs actual her.

Screenshot example below:
chrome_cXQdISa4tq.png

This looks like the add-on we went with - I love it. Jira and Harvest round time a smidge differently, so sometimes the sync is off by a minute, but if you only bill or track in 6 or 10 minute intervals, it is absolutely adequate. It has freed up a TON of our operational effort that we used to spend on searching out & fixing the incomplete or bad Harvest entries.

You DO still need to pay attention to how you set up your time tracking per project - in Scrum boards, you can select story points or actual time - for this to work the way we wanted it, we work against the estimated actual time. (You can still record Story Points if you want to.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events