Time Tracking reports- User wise planned vs Actuals

shravya chinthapatla December 6, 2022

Hi Team,

I'm currently using Time Reports gadget available in JIRA dashboard to track planned vs Actual effort spent on each ticket. To expand my tracking I want to track Planned efforts vs actuals for individual user working on JIRA tickets.

For the above requirement i have created few custom fields in JIRA to provide planned efforts for each team (i.e., Development, Testing, BA etc.,) and fields to track the resource against the planned efforts.

When i tried to pull the data for the same planned efforts for each resource and time spent against them am unable to get the totals as (JIRA default time tracking fields). Please guide me to track the required data in below gadgets

image.png

2 answers

1 vote
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hi Shravya,

Did you try to Group by the field you've created?

Thank you.

0 votes
Deepak Rai
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

You can group by Epic in Planned vs Actual Report, however, I think the view you are looking for is actually in the Logged Time Report. You can add the columns Planned time, Billable time, and Logged time to your report, and then group by those 3 parameters- Project, User, Task.

You can click the top of the Billable column to sort to see the ones with billable time at the top. Alternatively, if you are using Billable Accounts, then you can filter by those Accounts and before proceeding enable column to see clear data.

shravya chinthapatla December 6, 2022

Hi @Deepak Rai ,Thank You for your response.

Can you please clarify if the Logged Time Report mentioned above is in Tempo?

As we are not using any additional plugins

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events