The time recording feature of "Tempo Base Plugin" disapperared

Salvio December 6, 2021

Hello, we are unable to log work since Saturday last week.

Before then, from a ticket we could press the button "Add Tempo to plan and track time button" getting two buttons: "Log Time" and "Plan Time".

Now we only get "Plan Time"

Is anyone else having the same issue?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

We are also having this same problem.

I have confirmed that Tempo Timesheets is the "Time tracking provider" in Jira, and our permissions have not changed. Users have the "Work on issues" permissions as appropriate.

I also notice that the "My Work" icon in the sidebar of the Tempo Timesheets home page (in our Jira instance) is gone.

Additionally, the bookmarks we have that go to the "My Work" page in our instance give this error now, for all users:

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 10.08.55 AM.png

Also, none of our bookmarks to Saved Reports work. Instead, a "sample report" page is shown, offering a button to "Create a new report". I also see that the "Reports" icon is gone in the left sidebar of the Tempo home page in our Jira instance.

The "Tempo" section within Issue screens also no longer shows any thing. So there is no way to log time directly to an issue:

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 10.09.13 AM.png

It looks to me like some significant update of Tempo Timesheets has rolled out and disabled some Jira instances from logging time.

I did confirm that our Accounts and Customer configurations are still in place. This seems to be affecting the ability to log time and the ability to generate reports.

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Curiously, we have another Jira instance we use for demo purposes. Tempo is working in that instance.

So that rules out something systemic with our internet and infrastructure.

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

Our problem was solved in a follow-up to a Tempo support ticket.

While exactly what happened isn't clear to me, I believe our Tempo product license was in an odd state. We had been Atlassian Partners for a while, and as such enjoyed licensing "coverage" for our apps. But then we dropped below some thresholds for maintaining Partner status. And the licensing state for our apps became in limbo and unclear.

For Tempo, things worked fine -- until they didn't (this past weekend). In resolving our support ticket, we fiddled around with the "Start trial" button (under "Manage Apps" in Jira Admin), and then (re)set up the billing. Magically everything started working.

The ability to log time and view reports is restored. All our data seems intact. There was no need to clear cookies, log out and back in, etc.

0 votes
Salvio December 9, 2021

Resolved with help from Tempo Support.

Our license had expired but their system was not checking it correctly until last week.

Renewing the subscription fixed the issue.

The old data remained intact.

0 votes
Salvio December 6, 2021

Tempo is configured as the time tracking provider for jira and work on issues is granted to the administrator group.

I have created a support request on Tempo TCS-33305

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Salvio ,

Can you please confirm that Tempo Timesheets is set as "Time tracking" provider in your instance (JIRA settings, Issues, Time tracking).

Can you please also confirm that you have the "Work on issues" permission for the project. 

In case the problem persists, can you please create a ticket in our Tempo Support system, https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events