Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Text of basic tasks not visible

Edited

I am using BigPicture 8 and some basic tasks to structure my project. These basic tasks are named and the names are visible on general gantt. But drilling down to a programm Increment or an iteration only shows the structure represented by the basic tasks, but not its text. An hourglass appears instead when i hoover of the yellow area shown in the attachment.

Thanks for any help.

HaraldUnbenannt.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture Marketplace Partner Feb 26, 2021

Hi @Harald Bader

Let me shed some light on the concept of sub-scope.
The sub-box (PI/Iteration) scope is always a subset of the scope already defined at an upper-level of the Box hierarchy. Usually, it is automatically synced with a value of a selected field in Jira.

While Basic Tasks are tasks stored by the App only and are not synchronized with Jira. Their main role is, among others, to create a custom hierarchy and aggregate data.

Resulting from previous, you can note that Basic Task cannot be part of Program Increment/Iteration because simply has no attributes that would let to synchronize it with any subscope, and that's why it's not displayed.

However, we keep "the ghost version" of basic tasks to preserve your custom hierarchy.

Dear Anna

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. And I appreciate that you do not need to guess but know the answer.

I'm not an expert regarding the architecture of Jira and BigPicture, but it seems somewhat strange to me that BigPicture is aware of the ghost but cannot display its content.

Nevertheless, now knowing about the mechanism I misused an issue type in Jira to enforce the sync and arrange the sub-grouping.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Harald

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events