Tempo accounts import error - "Lead is not a valid user"

Gareth Doyle September 28, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to import updated accounts and using the same template as i have in the past. My username is set as the Account Lead Username and Name on all accounts but i get the following error when trying to import - "Lead is not a valid user"

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 12.14.09.png

1 answer

2 votes
Mathew Orchard June 19, 2021

I have found an answer to this, Before you import the Accounts CSV into Tempo Cloud, you need to manually match the current user key from Jira Server to the new Atlassian Account ID.

The atlassian account ID is a numerical string found by browsing Users in Jira cloud, clicking the username to administer, the copy the last string of text from the URL. Replace the Jira Server user key with this new Atlassian cloud ID.

1) Export Accounts CSV

2) Ensure the CSV headers are 

Account Key;Account Name;Customer Key;Customer Name;Contact;Category Key;Category Name;Account Lead Username;Account Lead Name;JIRA Project Keys;Global Account;Monthly Budget;Status

3) In the export from Server, you will likely see 2 fields for Users. "User.IdName";"User ID" for example.

Replace the "User.IDname" (this will be Joe.Bloggs for example). with the unique Atlassian ID from the users management URL.

E.G. https://admin.atlassian.com/s/instanceID/users/12k23421ll232   << This.

4) Repeat for all users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events