Tempo Planner - Admin rights missing

Rene Rath April 13, 2014

Hi *,

when I log in as Jira admin, the "Tempo" tab next to the "create issue" button only contains my teams. Not menu item "Administration" in the list. The account I'm using has jira admin rights (e.g. I can install, enable and disable plugins), but tempo seems not to realize that. g + g + "tempo permissions" tells me, that jira-administrators is the only group which has the "Tempo Administrator" and "Tempo Team Manager" permission.

What am I missing? Why can't I administer Tempo Planner?

any help appreciated. thx!

12 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014

Internal issues is a Tempo Timesheets feature but you might be able to solve this differently with Tempo Planner.

You can create a Project that includes common issues like holidays, maternity leave, etc... and link this Project to your Teams.

When you set the Scope of the Team timeline to this Project, you will be able to access the common issues in the Work-item sidebar. Like this you can plan holidays for each user in a Team. Please note that you need to plan the holidays for each user only once (even if he is in more than one Team) as his plan shows in other Team timelines that he is a member of.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014

You need to create an account in our Jira. In the Login Dialog is a link to "Create an account".

0 votes
Rene Rath April 13, 2014

Will do, but in TP, not TT.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2014

It might be a good idea to create a feature request in our Tempo Planner project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT) . It could be very useful to filter issues shown on the timeline.

Rene Rath April 13, 2014

Just wanted to post it in tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TP/, but I can't log in with my atlassian account. You'd either have to create an account in your jira instance for me or post that feature request yourself (probably linking to this thread here).

0 votes
Rene Rath April 13, 2014

Thx for your answer, Susanne. Although my use case is not covered nicely, you explained why I don't see the Admin option in the Tempo menu.

0 votes
Rene Rath April 13, 2014

Hm. Nice workaround. But I fear that it comes with unwanted side effects. Over here, we just have one team. And the team members' leaves are entered in a project "Out of office" (OOO). Now the project manager plans the upcoming sprint. Is there any convenient view that tells him, which people have their vacation in the upcoming sprint? Would the members have to use the field "Due Date" so the tickets of the OOO project can be filtered? Doesn't sound very convenient.

0 votes
Rene Rath April 13, 2014

my use case: i want my team to be able to enter their vacation dates, so we know what ressources are available for future sprints. From what I found in my research, i should enable internal issues. The use case sounds very much like the planner plugin. Do I really need timesheets for this? We don't have billable projects, so the timesheets plugin is so far not really required for us.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2014

The Administration link in the Tempo dropdown is only available if you have Tempo Timesheets installed.

If you are using Tempo Planner (and do not use Tempo Timesheets) you need to access the Tempo Administration through the JIRA Administration.

Go to the JIRA Administration -> Add-ons. You can then access Tempo permissions, Workload Scheme and Holiday Scheme in the left sidebar. If you are using Tempo Planner 1.2 or later, you can also access Team Roles. Here you can add custom roles for your Teams.

0 votes
Rene Rath April 13, 2014

Okay. So now we made sure that I have Jira Admin rights. Still, I don't see the Admin option in the Tempo menu.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2014

You can see if you are a JIRA Administrator in the Cogwheel next to your Avatar in the JIRA header. This Cogwheel gives access to the JIRA Administration. All Global JIRA permissions can be viewed and set in System, Global permissions.

If you do not have access to the JIRA Administration, you will need to contact your System Administrator.

0 votes
Rene Rath April 13, 2014

The account I'm using belongs to the group "jira-administrators". Is that the qualification I need or is there some other spot where Jira admins are defined?

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2014

Hi Rene,

in the current version of Tempo Planner, you need to be a JIRA Administrator. You can access the Tempo Administration in the Add-ons Section of the JIRA Administration.

We are planning to change this, so that users with Tempo Administrator permission can access Administration through the Tempo drop down.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events