Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tempo Filter - Tempo Timesheets Overwrites Filter Order to Sort by Issue Key Instead

I have a custom "to-do list" filter setup for the current sprint for my team which includes all their tasks in the sprint. This filter orders tasks by a custom ordering field I have called "Weight" which has a 0 to 100 value for how important a task. The filter displays the task values closest to 100 at the top.

Unfortunately, when I have "Show Issues Lists" in Tempo timesheets bring up the sprint task filter that I use, it overwrites my filter order to instead sort by "key" (lowest key value to highest). The grouping category also doesn't seem to have anything that really helps with ordering by task priority. 

I know there is a place on export to include custom fields that I can sort by, but it doesn't fill the need for my team to let them quickly check their priorities. They can check the filter on their dashboard for priorities, but if these two lists matched, that would make things consistent.

Is there any way I can prevent Tempo Timesheets from overwriting my filter? Or have it sort by anything else (e.g. rank)?

The closest thing I've found to my issue is the link below, but the bug link doesn't seem to exist anymore, so maybe I just haven't found where this functionality lives? https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/TEMPO-plugin-Sorting-and-filtering-by-timesheet-status/qaq-p/289930

1 answer

I will be watching this question.... We WANT to sort by key. It was  up until this week and now it is sorting by Issue. I haven't found anyplace that allows us to change the sort order, so I'm hoping that someone will respond with an answer for that. Good luck with your filter!

Billie Ebinger

Thank you! Definitely having the ability to sort by any variable would be helpful to many teams that use this. 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. The timesheets used to sort by key, but as of late, it sorts by issue. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if it didn't reset the sort order every time you refresh the view, by pressing F5 or by logging hours into it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

209 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you