Templates not copied properly when using copy space 2.3 on Confluence 5.1.3

Tor Hval August 21, 2013

When using copy space 2.3 on spaces containing templates, the templates in the new space end up as html and tags. And not as graphical presentation of the page as the original. Visible html and tags is also the result when the template is used to create a new page in the space created as a copy.

Is this a well known problem? any way to get the templates copied properly?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, as well as restarting the server(not that I had high hopes...), but the problem persists.

Thanks

Tor

5 answers

0 votes
Patrice Rompas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

Hi Tor,

I could replicate your issue. It seems that this is bug on Copy Space version 2.3.
(https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CPSP-68)

Regards,
Samuel

Tor Hval January 21, 2014

Good! As an issue is created for this problem we might finally see a solution for it in the not to distant future :)

Tor

Patrice Rompas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

Yes. You can also create account there and vote to attract more popularity and priority for that bug!

Samuel

0 votes
Tor Hval January 21, 2014

I've seen no solution yet, so the problem still persists. Perhaps something will, show up now. Given that it is now documented tat the problem is not isolated to the servers I administrate.

Tor

0 votes
Roger Maschewski January 21, 2014

Is there any solution for this issue. I exactly observe the same with copy space 2.3 and confluence 5.1.3

Here is the storage content of a page that I created within the original space by using a template that I had defined before.

<ac:macro ac:name="ui-expand"><ac:parameter ac:name="title">Status</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body>&nbsp;</ac:rich-text-body></ac:macro>
And here you can you can see what I get when I do the same in a copy of that space.

<at:declarations /><ac:macro ac:name="ui-expand"><ac:parameter ac:name="title">Status</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body> </ac:rich-text-body></ac:macro>

The definition of the template is the same as in the line before

<at:declarations /><ac:macro ac:name="ui-expand"><ac:parameter ac:name="title">Status</ac:parameter><ac:rich-text-body> </ac:rich-text-body></ac:macro>

0 votes
Tor Hval September 3, 2013
A simple example
The content of the template after being copied look like this (pure html):

&lt;h1&gt;Tabell &lt;ac:macro ac:name="pagename" /&gt;&lt;/h1&gt;
&lt;table&gt;&lt;tbody&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;th&gt;&lt;p&gt; Tyyyy &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/th&gt;
&lt;th&gt;&lt;p&gt; Kommentar &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/th&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;p&gt; TXXXX_ID &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;p&gt; Teknisk nøkkel &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;p&gt; SEC_ACC_NO &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;p&gt; Kontonr bytter navn &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;p&gt; NAME &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;tr&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;p&gt; STREET_ADDRESS &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;td&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;/td&gt;
&lt;/tr&gt;
&lt;/tbody&gt;&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;p&gt;&lt;ac:macro ac:name="add-label"&gt;&lt;ac:parameter ac:name="labels"&gt;OversiktBeskrivelse,ApplicationDocumentationTemplate,Databasemodell&lt;/ac:parameter&gt;&lt;/ac:macro&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

The original looks like this , viewed spaced administration:

Basically the templates are turned into html

Also when I am not using tables

Tor

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2013

I tested this out and didn't experienced the same problem. Possibly, the issue is specific to the content of your templates? Perhaps you can attach a screen shot of the problem (output after the space copy process) here and also a copy of your template and its content that was affected by the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events