Task report from space tools is empty, even though there are tasks in space

Jan June 5, 2018

In every space there is no tasks showing up when selecting "Task Report" from Space tools. When creating a task report using the macro and setting it to the space, it shows all reports. Is this a known bug? (Confluence Server 6.6.4) 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2018

Hi Jan,

Can you clarify exactly how you're inserting the Task Report via Space Tools? Since it's a Macro it's not a menu item in Space Tools but I think you might be adding it in the sidebar, for example.

Could you show me exactly how you're attempting to add it so I can see what might be wrong?

Regards,

Shannon

Jan June 7, 2018

Hi Shannon, we do have a menu item "Tasks" in page tools. When clicking this, we get a view similar to the task report macro, but without content.

The url for this menu item is /spaces/tasksreport.action?key=CMP

I have attached both screenshots (Space tools menu) and task report "page": 

spacetools.PNGtaskrep.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2018

Hi Jan,

Your Space Tools menu does appear to be customized, and I believe you might be using the Comala add-on for this. 

I'm going to tag this question so that the company representative of the add-on will be able to assist in this manner, since you confirmed the regular Confluence task report macro does work properly.

Shannon

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Thanks for looping us in @Shannon S.

Hi @Jan, is your team using Confluence tasks, or Comala Workflows tasks? Workflows tasks won't appear in the Confluence tasks report, which could explain the issue you're having; you need to use the Workflows reporting macro for that. Let me know and hopefully I can help further. 

Jan June 13, 2018

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply. We are using both tasks and Comala Workflows but I did not mix this up. The task report I am referring to is the one in my screenshots and looks like the task report macro - report. But it is empty even if there are tasks in that space (not workflow tasks). It is nopt such a big deal, I was just wondering what this is and qhy :) 

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2018

Hi @Jan, sorry for the confusion, hopefully it gets sorted out. 

Thomas CHARON March 3, 2020

Hi,

We are facing the same issue here. I add tasks to my confluence space and it is not reported in the Tasks report "page". Regarding previous comment this is coming from Comala ?

Like Ivan Kellenberger likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2020

Hi Thomas,

According to what @Mike Rink from Comala reported, worfklow tasks from Comala will not appear in the Confluence tasks report. You need to use the Workflows reporting macro for that.

If you're not using Comala Workflows at all, and your Confluence tasks aren't appearing in your Confluence Task Report macro, then that's a different issue. I would recommend raising a new question for that.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Shannon

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events