Table with tick boxes and calulations

InspiredTechs April 26, 2014

Hey Guys,

We have confluence and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this.

I want to create a big table essentially that will have a list of our clients down the left hand side and across the top a number of items that need to be checked off.

Ideally I would like it so when we complete the task we can either tick it for that client or put a number (so it could be half finished) in the field and that cell will turn green. Any incomplete cells turn Red. Then at the end of the row have a calculation on how much % is complete for that client.

Any ideas on the best way to do this?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Hi Leon,

There is Play SQL Spreadsheets (paid plugin). It stores data in a separate database and you can have "icon" cells: If the value is true/false/ok then it displays a tick or a cross, otherwise it displays the text. You can setup the last column as a formula to display a %.

Concerning your question, the "Excel" macro embedded in Confluence is read-only. You can only edit the Excel spreadsheet as an attachment if you have Excel on your computer and it's quite painful to use WebDAV to do so. Same thing for an embedded iframe with Google Spreadsheet: it is read-only in an iframe. That's why I wrote Play SQL Spreadsheets...

Cheers,

Adrien

InspiredTechs April 28, 2014

Adrien,

That does look like it could fit the task perfectly! I will have a play around with it. Thank you

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

In what tool do you need it? It seams like it's job for Google Spreadsheet. Or MS Excel spreadsheet embedded in confluence page...

InspiredTechs April 27, 2014

Oh, i didnt realise that we could embed an excel spreadsheet. And is that useable just in the browser without excel needing to be on the computer? That could be the right option for it.

Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2014

It is in browser, but I believe you need some kind of office. OpenOffice or MS Office. Here you can find more info:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Editing+an+Office+Spreadsheet+from+Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events