TM4J for Next-Gen JIRA

Lis Gaboardi June 1, 2020

Not sure of the best place to ask this question, but is TM4J available on Next-gen JIRA? My company is interested in trying this out but we're not sure if it's even available for our type of JIRA. We know it's available for Cloud, Server, and Data Center, but unsure where Next-Gen JIRA lies.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2020

Hi @Lis Gaboardi ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please review below page in order to better understand the differences between Cloud, Server and Data-center:

Also, according to the below comment to JSWCLOUD-18973 it should work:

[...] I have started using TM4J when we switched to Next-Gen on our team. XRay also works with NextGen and includes a Test Issue type, which TM4J does not.

Once this has been said, I'd like to mention that Next-Gen projects are designed to be a simplified version of the Classic Jira Software projects (and JSD), are intended to be used by people that need to be able to start working without having to configure too many things, they are still under development and some features are still missing. 

For more details see:

Cheers,
Dario

Lis Gaboardi June 3, 2020

Fantastic, thank you so much for all of this helpful info, Dario!

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2020

You are very welcome @Lis Gaboardi ! :) 

Please do not hesitate to create new threads in case of any other question or concern.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events