TGNG (Table Grid Next Generation) REST data source never updates

Adrienne Bolger October 13, 2020

I am reporting an issue with this plugin: 

Table Grid Next Generation

I have set it up to connect to a custom REST API with a query that uses JIRA {issue.key} field to grab the matching custom data from my company's data store and it works great... on initial table import/setup.  But it never works again: it does not reload, or reflect any changes that appear in my company's database. 

Basically it looks like the import is only happening if there is not yet a grid associated with an issue. 

First I tried the "Data Mirror" settings on the plugin are not available for a REST Data Source, seems those are only available for "Database" data sources, as my REST API data source is not available in the dropdown menu on that tab. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 8.49.02 AM.png

Second I tried the instructions for setting query refresh configuration on the old plugin via a JSON config file as instructed by the . The settings for the old plugin do not seem to work on the new plugin, at least not if a REST Data Source is configured.

This really, really seems like it should just work. For example, the documentation for TGNG has a version release note for the latest version saying: " 

• TGNG-891 Connection to data source is refreshed each minute if unsuccessful

Ok, but what if the connection to the datasource IS successful?  I still want it refreshed at least when an issue is loaded onto the page or manually available via a "sync" button or settable via the configuration interface? Something?   

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events