TC status in Test Plan

BegonaPascual April 24, 2019

Hi,

I am new with Jira and Xray. I'm struggling with the status of my test cases in a test plan.

When I execute the test cases, the test execution updates the status of my test cases, however when I'm checking them in the TP, the stastus is not update.

I realise that clicking in the arrow of the TC inside the TP, there is a historical status and if I remove the status with "fail", the status became "pass".

Is this the proper function?

I would like to visualize the last status of the TC in the TP.

Thanks,

BR

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Hi @BegonaPascual ,

the Test Plan aggregates and consolidates the results of tests obtained on  Test Executions linked  back with that Test Plan.

In other words, for each Test that is part of the Test Plan, Xray will present the status based on the latest result obtained for that Test (as long as the correspoding Test Execution is linked back to that Test Plan).

Please check this free course on Xray academy on coverage.

The algorithm for the calculation of coverage is detailed here.

To better understand your given example we would need more info, including some screenshots. However, I suspect that your Test has been executed multiple times.. the most recent execution was FAIL.. and right before it, it was PASS.

Regards,

Sergio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events