Suggestion: Action to stop execution and exit

Korayem August 22, 2019

In some scenarios, if a certain condition is met, I dont need to continue running the automation script

To circumvent this, I have to add that condition to all the script but will be much easier to have an Action called "Stop Script Execution" that simply exits and doesn't continue

2 answers

0 votes
Gabriell Valentine January 23, 2024

I also hate that this functionality is missing. It's pretty basic programming. To get around this I used a combination of if/else gates, a custom label field and a simple if gate. First thing the automation does is clear any values from the custom field called "Issue Automation Flags", then it checks a bunch of conditions. if any of them return true it adds the trigger to a label field. Then I put an "If Issue Fields Automation Flags is not empty" step before whatever I actually want to run.

0 votes
Victor Seger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

Hello @Korayem ,

Automation for JIRA Support team member here!

I'll be discussing this with our development team and as soon as I got any updates, I'll let you know here!

Cheers,

Victor

Victor Seger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

Hey @Korayem ,

After discussing this with our dev team, we found that this would probably be tricky to implement.

Can you please give me an example of where the action could be better to have than a condition?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Victor

Ryan An August 11, 2020

@Victor Seger 

I have the same need. I can explain what my scenario is:

In the automation, I want to add a new sub-task to a Story when something else is triggered. However, I don't want it to be added if it already exists. so:

• I loop through all the sub-tasks of a hardcoded Story
    • If the summary == {{issue.summary}}
      • I want to exit the execution
  • Not has been found from the previous loop, so I will add a sub-task
Ryan An August 11, 2020

in the current JIRA design, I cannot prevent duplicated sub-task from creating. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events