Subtask cloning error / custom fields

veronika.toth March 16, 2020

Hi,

I would have a question regarding cloning a subtask with custom fields.

When I try to do a clonging of a subtask, I get this error message: admin.errors.exception com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException: Unable to copy value from field 'Related project' to 'Related project'.

Related project is a custom field, that is a drop down list people can chose from. It is a mandatory field and it is filled for the task under which I put the subtask. The subtask inherits the Related project from the task and thus it is already filled.

Same issue with an other custom field called External ID, which is not mandatory and is just a free text field. The error message pops up either when there is a value in the original task in this field and or when it is empty.

I'm only able to create this error in PROD environment, so DEV and ACT work fine. 

Thanks in advance if you have any ideas on how to solve this.

1 answer

0 votes
Deborah Genevro February 3, 2021

While I do not have an answer.  I am experiencing the same problem.  JIRA Cloud, Custom Field, Sub-task and Parent task screens are set to require the custom field which in our case is Client.  Client is a select one from the drop-down list.

I've tested this using two scenarios:  1) The parent task has a value of Client A and the sub-task has a value of Client B.  I was unable to clone the sub-task. 2) I repeated this test and this time I made the client the same for both the task and sub-task.  I received the same error in both cases.

"Can't clone this issue.  Unable to copy value from field "field name" to "field name".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events