Substitute for issueFunction in JIRA cloud?

Shaun Nelson July 21, 2017

On the Server version of JIRA and with Scriptrunner, I was able to create a board that shows only Epics with an "In Progress" status and all related stories, tasks, bugs, etc by using the issueFunction function.

I only have the Cloud version now, and scriptrunner is limited and does not expose the issueFuction function.

Does anyone know of a plugin or other solution to create JIRA filters by filtering on related issues beside Scriptrunner that's available in the Cloud version? 

2 answers

4 votes
YasenV December 21, 2017

Hello, but the sprint related functions are not availabe in cloud, right?

Capture.PNG

2 votes
Katy Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

Hi Shaun,

issueFunction is available in the Cloud version, however you have to enable it as explained here: http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/enhanced-search.html

Visit the Diagnostics & Settings page in your JIRA Cloud instance and toggle the new 'ScriptRunner Enhanced Search' option so that its enabled. Then refresh the page and you’ll see a new link in the top bar of your JIRA Cloud instance.

Kind regards,

Katy

Product Support 

Adaptavist

Naresh Agrawal March 13, 2020

I could not find Diagnostics & Settings page in my JIRA instance. Can you please let me know where can we find it?

Siddheshwar Mhetre July 27, 2020

HI,

I am facing similar issues, did you find the solution? I am also not able to see this option

Eugene Stebelskiy October 14, 2020

The same question. I'm looking for advanced search with issueFunction or any related. Does anyone know if there are free apps for the cloud version?

Emily Wasklewicz November 8, 2021

Did anyone get an answer to this question?

Alin Faur November 15, 2021

In order to enable Enhanced Search, you need to have ScriptRunner installed on your Jira Cloud instance. Navigate to Apps -> Manage your apps. On the left-side pane, scroll to the ScriptRunner section and access Settings. Make sure that ScriptRunner Enhanced Search is enabled.

In order to use Enhanced Search, you'll expand the Apps top-menu and you should see ScriptRunner Enhanced Search. Accessing that will take you to a page on which you can construct advanced queries and save them as filters.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events