Struggling with case-sensitivity between terms and acronyms

Rego Sen May 14, 2021

We're trying out this plugin, which is great, except that many of our acronyms can be common words (example: "Controller Area Network" with the acronym "CAN").  We don't have many mentions of "CAN" in all-caps, but we of course have lots of instances of "can", and we don't want those highlighted.

But we don't want to turn on case-sensitivity globally, because our documentation doesn't necessarily use titlecase for "Controller Area Network" or other terms.  Ideally we want:

- all our acronyms to be case-sensitive

- all our terms to be case-insensitive

The Smart Terms plugin doesn't seem to have any granularity for case-sensitivity, so how are other teams working around this?

2 comments

Comment

Khawla Issaoui Creativas
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2021

Hey @Rego Sen 

Unfortunately, this feature is still not available.
You can suggest a new feature to our dev team via this link: https://creativas.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/4

You can also check our doc and YouTube mini-tutorials to know more about Smart Terms. 
Cheers

Khawla

Rego Sen May 17, 2021

Thanks for the suggestions.  Looks like I have to create a separate login for the feature ticket than this community one?  I now have 3 different logins for Atlassian stuff.  Is that something your team is looking into consolidating?

Khawla Issaoui Creativas
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2021

Hey @Rego Sen 

Sorry for the late reply!

No need to create another account; you just need to put your email ID!  

Here is the direct link: 

https://creativas.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/user/login?destination=portal%2F1

Regards

Adam Shardlow August 8, 2023

We have exactly the same issue. I will also raise a ticket. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events