Structure not showing issues

Greg Baynham June 25, 2021

I've recently installed the Structure app, and when I am in the Structure view I created an issue (Epic) just fine.  I then created a sub task (user story) in the Epic.  After saving the User Story it doesn't show in the Structure view.  If I go to the Issues view, I see it.  It's linked to the Epic, how do I get it to show in the Structure view.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

Hi, Greg. Thanks for installing Structure.

In a nutshell, Structure behaves the way you tell it to. If you create an issue in an empty structure that is not bound by automation rules you previously created, it will place the issue in the structure. You implicitly told it to by creating it in the structure.

If you added a sub-task to that issue in Jira, Structure does not know you wish for it to be in the structure with its parent. Until you tell it that's what you want. :)

The most frequently used — some would say the best way — to add issues to a structure is with the aforementioned automation. That way, whether you create the issue in Structure, or outside Structure, the right issues will end up in your structure.

Suggestion: Give that automation page (and the appropriate child pages) a quick read as let us know if that doesn't get you on the right track.   

-dave [ALM Works]

Amir Katz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

Please note that the link above to 'automation page' no longer exists.

For recent versions of Structure, Automation was renamed to Generators and here's the link:

https://wiki.almworks.com/documentation/structure/latest/cloud/generators-154272700.html

You can choose between Cloud and Data Center, and the version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events