Structure Gantt - setting the end date

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 13, 2020

What is the logic behind the start and end date when scheduling manually?
I got this setting

2020-04-13_12-05-31 (1).png

Whenever I move the task, the begin date is set (on the issue), but not the end date.

Under what conditions is the end date filled?

1 answer

0 votes
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2020

Hi Francis,

The logic is as follows:

1. When none of the dates are filled, start date is being filled. Duration is calculated based on estimates

2. When start date is filled, it is the only date changed when issue is moved. Duration is calculated based on estimates.

3. When end date is filled, then it is the only changing date. Duration is calculated based on estimates.

4. If both dates are filled both dates change when the issue is moved, but duration is now based on the difference between these two dates.

Please, let me know if it answers your question.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 13, 2020

Hi @Egor Tasa [ALM Works] 

End date needs to be added by the user.  Structure Gantt will only modify is if filled in?

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2020

Hi Francis,

That is correct, only start date would be filled automatically.

Regards,
Egor

francis
Marketplace Partner
April 14, 2020

Is there a condition where the end-date is filled by structure?

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2020

Hi Francis,

No, end date is only updated by Structure, but it has to be filled by the user.

Regards,
Egor

francis
Marketplace Partner
April 15, 2020

Hi @Egor Tasa [ALM Works] 

With the risk of being considered as a noob for the rest of my earthly life, I'm confused about your answer

No, end date is only updated by Structure, but it has to be filled by the user

end date is only updated by Structure

and

it has to be filled by the user.

Seems to contradict each other.  Is Structure updating the date, or must it be filled by the user.  I think the latter - but a clarification will help

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2020

Hi Francis,

Sorry, I have formulated it in a confusing matter. By update I mean change here, that is Structure will not fill the empty end date field, but it will change its value when there is a value already.

Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events