What is the logic behind the start and end date when scheduling manually?
I got this setting
Whenever I move the task, the begin date is set (on the issue), but not the end date.
Under what conditions is the end date filled?
The logic is as follows:
1. When none of the dates are filled, start date is being filled. Duration is calculated based on estimates
2. When start date is filled, it is the only date changed when issue is moved. Duration is calculated based on estimates.
3. When end date is filled, then it is the only changing date. Duration is calculated based on estimates.
4. If both dates are filled both dates change when the issue is moved, but duration is now based on the difference between these two dates.
Please, let me know if it answers your question.
With the risk of being considered as a noob for the rest of my earthly life, I'm confused about your answer
> No, end date is only updated by Structure, but it has to be filled by the user
* end date is only updated by Structure
* it has to be filled by the user.
Seems to contradict each other. Is Structure updating the date, or must it be filled by the user. I think the latter - but a clarification will help
If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events