Structure Gantt chart - is there a way to get the start/end dates in JQL

Camille October 12, 2018

Our Structure Gantt chart arranges the times for tasks based on their dependencies (for "Automatic" tasks).

Is there a way to grab those start/end dates so I can use them in other filters (e.g. in a Board)?

They are different to Start Date/End Date.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vlad Lessage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

Hi Camille,

Thanks for your post.

This is not yet possible but we are planning on implementing such an improvement that will allow users to manipulate Gantt Start/End dates via JQL as you describe. I don't have any dates to share with you at this time, but if you'd like, we can notify you via email once the feature becomes available. 

You can email me directly at vlad@almworks.com or contact us through our Service Desk portal at support@almworks.com so we can have an email to notify you if you so choose.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Vlad

[ALM Works]

1 vote
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 27, 2020

Hello Camille,

I wanted to let you know that now it is possible to synchronize automatically calculated Start & Finish Dates from the Gantt chart with Jira fields. This can be done with Effectors - a new feature, that was just released in Structure 6.0.
Please feel free to try it and check out our video which demonstrates how the dates can be written to Jira fields: https://youtu.be/oE1dSklL9D8

If you need any assistance, please reach out to out via support.almworks.com and we'll be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Stefan Kroepfl March 9, 2022

IMPORTANT FOR STRUCTURE CLOUD USERS:

Firstly, great that you followed up even 2 years after the question was posted. I have the same problem and was looking for a solution.

Unfortunately Structure Cloud doesn't expose the gantt fields that are mentioned in the Video. (also explained on this page: https://wiki.almworks.com/documentation/gantt/latest/data-center-and-server/gantt-attributes-in-structure-62764309.html)

Querying those special fields via a formula doesn't work either. Tried that as a workaround.

Luckily, for this seems to be next up on the cloud roadmap:

https://wiki.almworks.com/documentation/gantt/latest/cloud/structure-gantt-roadmap-135102640.html

see: 
Gantt attributes in Structure — export Gantt schedule details as Structure attributes.

So for anyone trying to figure this out in cloud - all we can do is wait for this feature.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events