Structure Gadget URL

Randy_Elias May 8, 2017

Hi All,

I have searched high and low and just cannot find the answer to this question. Need to add a Structure Gadget in Conlfuence. I'm following the instructions at https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Adding+Structure+Gadget+to+Confluence+Configuration.

However, I need to add an Application Link to this gadget. Does anyone know the URL for this application link?

Thanks,

Randy

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

An application link is the general link from one application to another.  Shared resources then use that link and kind of know where they live.  (For example, if you application link a JIRA and Confluence, then the Confluence macros for JIRA know to look under <app link>/issue-data for issue information)

The url for an application link is simply the base url of the application.  If your base url for JIRA is http://somewhere/jira, then that's what you put into the Confluence to set up the link.

Randy_Elias May 10, 2017

Thanks Nic.

I'm actually trying to find the Application URL for Structure Gadget. I've searched everywhere and can't find it.

Thanks,

Randy

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2017

I'm wondering if you need the "To find a gadget's URL in JIRA" section in this page (which is linked from the doc in your original question).

It says:

"To find a gadget's URL in JIRA:

• Go to your dashboard by clicking the Dashboards link at the top left of the screen.
  • Click Add Gadget to see the list of gadgets in the directory.
  • Find the gadget you want, using one or more of the following tools:
    • Use the scroll bar on the right to move up and down the list of gadgets.
    • Select a category in the left-hand panel to display only gadgets in that category.
    • Start typing a key word for your gadget in the Search textbox. The list of gadgets will change as you type, showing only gadgets that match your search term.
  • Right-click the Gadget URL link for that gadget and copy the gadget's URL into your clipboard."

I think the last step is out of date, though. I think maybe the "Show XML link" link gives what you need.

For example (random gadget, since I don't have the Structure add-on):

jira-gadget-url.png

Randy_Elias May 10, 2017

Thank-you!

Looks like my Application Link was setup already.

I just needed to copy and paste the Gadget URL I got from the "Add Gadget " windows into the External Gadget settings.

Now works!

Thanks,

Randy

Maksim_Feshchanka May 7, 2020

Hello there,

We're using the JIRA/Confluence Cloud + Structure. 
Does the same 'Gadget Integration' exists for Cloud solutions? Or it's Server/DC Only?

Thank you in advance,
Maksim

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2020

Hi Maksim,

Cloud Structure does not yet have its own gadget, but we hope eventually to introduce one. You can track improvements to Structure Cloud by subscribing to https://alm.works/cloud-updates.

Regards,
Egor

Maksim_Feshchanka May 8, 2020

Got it, thanks, Egor!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events