Story disappears after creation

Jörg Zeipelt November 21, 2017

Hello, in my company we use one JIRA-project for several domains. Each domain uses a tag. So I have created a Story Map based on a filter with labels = {myDomain}. For existing Stories everything is fine and works. I only see the stories of my domain and not the others within the project. However when I create a story and save it, the label is not saved with it, so it disappears as it doesn't have the label. Also epic and version are not saved. So I have to first find this story again and then enter this data manually, for the story to appear in the story map.

As we use the cloud-version of Jira also quick-filters aren't available. Is there any other way we can get this to work without splitting our project?

1 answer

0 votes
Seamus Kieran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Hi Jörg, thanks for reaching out.

This is occurring as when we "quick create" an issue we do not add any labels by default, and as such your board query immediately excludes the newly created issue.
To prevent this issue from occurring I recommend adding labels as a required field in your Jira configuration. This will cause the full create issue dialog to trigger when you create an issue on the story map, allowing you to enter the required label for your domain. We apologise for how manual this work-around is.

Unfortunately Quick Filters are not presently available in our Jira Cloud version as we are awaiting an API from Atlassian as detailed in JSWCLOUD-7393. I encourage you to vote and comment on that issue to show Atlassian how important it is and help bump it up their backlog.

Regards,
Seamus Kieran
Easy Agile Support Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events