Stop ConfiForm from attaching (and watching) File fields to the Form definition page.

Andrew Pane August 3, 2016

I am using a ConfiForm Form Registration Control to create JIRA issues with a file attachment, using the "File" field type. While it creates the JIRA issue properly, it seems to also attach the file to the Confluence page where the ConfiForm Form is defined, which in turn has the effect of adding the user who submitted the form as a watcher on that page.

Is there any way to disable this functionality?

The attachment in itself is not so bad because I can periodically delete them, but having everyone who submits the form get added as a watcher to this page is very problematic, since now they start getting notifications of attachments from everyone who submits the form after them!

1 answer

2 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

Hi @Andrew Pane

Indeed, when you use ConfiForms Registration Control and upload the file it get's attached to the page and then sent to JIRA.

As the page get's a modification by the user who has attached the file then it goes to "watchers".

We have introduced new "action type" for ConfiForms IFTTT to add/remove watchers from a page. I belive it will solve the issue for you. 

The feature will be ready in upcoming version of ConfiForms, v 1.27.4

Andrew Pane August 10, 2016

Thanks Sash. I'll give it a try when 1.27.4 is available and post my findings here.

Andrew Pane September 7, 2016

I gave this a try today but didn't have any luck: I suspect that the IFTTT actions might be triggering at the same time, so the document attachment (part of the JIRA creation action) finishes after the "remove watcher" action, and thus the watcher is removed before he has been added and then added after he has been removed. cheeky

JC Zhu September 12, 2018

This worked for me. The watcher is provided as [entry.createdBy].

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events