Start import on Zephyr Testcase importer does not do anything

Divya Bhandary March 22, 2020

I have connected to JIRA via Zephyr Testcase Importer utility and have selected the project and Issue type = test. I have mapped the mandatory JIRA fields to the excel columns. But when I click on Start import, there are no logs or anything that would indicate the test cases are imported. 

Within the project on JIRA too there are no test cases added. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Divya Bhandary March 24, 2020

Thank you. Soumya from the support team got in touch and helped resolve this issue. 

There were some mandatory fields defined by my company and these fields were not present in the list of JIRA fields in the Zephyr Testcase Importer. This caused the test case import to fail because those fields were not assigned a value. 

As a work around, I am setting these fields to optional, importing the tests and then setting the field back to Required. I am not sure if I make any changes to the field type would impact other Issue types using the Default screen. 

I hoped there would have been a way to add the fields to the utility so that we could overcome this issue easily. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sushma.Bhargav March 22, 2020

Hi Divya,

Would recommend you to connect with our Support team as they could analyse the issue and help resolve with the solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events